Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Barco criticism from Argentina

Poskettspurpose

Jun 18, 2021
Seems like our new left winger is getting it from all sides back home in Argentina. Boca Juniors president Juan Roman Riquelme is still apparently moaning about the manner of VB's departure and he's also attracting the ire of others in the game back in Argentina including Miguel Ángel Russo. I think Boca are frankly rather bitter about their own poor business decision making as they were offered the opportunity of a sell on I heard.

The upshot I think is we have an extremely talented young professional who is highly motivated to prove a lot of people wrong in his home country. I thought his appearance at Wolves was a fantastic start and I'm hopeful of another cameo at Fulham. I am very excited to see what VB can bring, not least to provide some improvement in the quality of delivery in to the area from the wings.

Poskettspurpose

Jun 18, 2021
I don’t want to derail your thread but this week there have been several examples.
You wont derail my thread Nev, that's the purpose of a forum to discuss and share opinions. I'll agree that for example say Moder and Fati have taken some flack but Moder has also had a lot of support - it goes both ways. That wasn't the point of the thread though. The thread was commenting on Barcos's motivation and to some extent his excellent performance at Molineux.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You wont derail my thread Nev, that's the purpose of a forum to discuss and share opinions. I'll agree that for example say Moder and Fati have taken some flack but Moder has also had a lot of support - it goes both ways. That wasn't the point of the thread though. The thread was commenting on Barcos's motivation and to some extent his excellent performance at Molineux.
He certainly looked like exactly what we need at the moment. Let’s hope he takes his opportunity. Thanks for the info on the reaction from his old club. I didn’t know any of that.

Poskettspurpose

Jun 18, 2021
He certainly looked like exactly what we need at the moment. Let’s hope he takes his opportunity. Thanks for the info on the reaction from his old club. I didn’t know any of that.
My pleasure - it[s paper talk so take it with a pinch of salt. I appreciate there is already a VB thread so i don't want to duplicate but he looks like he's got a mean streak in him anyway which we need at the moment, with something to prove to his countryman (country-people) I'm hoping that should take him to another level. I feel like we need a lift at the moment and I'm hoping he can provide it...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Another one to be built up before being shot down….
I'd agree with that. Seem to remember Aaron C was a £50m player after his Spurs brace.

Barco will be what he is. Could turn out well, might not. Hopefully the former.

Problem is, the bar is a lot higher here now.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Boca President is miffed that the 10 billion pesos we paid in the window is now barely enough to buy a packet of crisps. That's rampant inflation for you.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I’m sure Argentina will be happy when the usual contingent of NSC Brighton fans start booing Barco for not being ‘good enough’ - Buonanotte was pilloried well into the first part of this season from the moment he arrived and I actually did hear fans booing him from the stand behind me last season - no wonder RDZ calling for fans to be patient with young players.

like who else? If players succeed they are celebrated, if they fail they fail? Some on here are quick to pillory - Jack Hinshelwood being a prime example of a player who was maligned by some but is now flavour of the month...
Another one to be built up before being shot down….
I'd agree with that. Seem to remember Aaron C was a £50m player after his Spurs brace.

Barco will be what he is. Could turn out well, might not. Hopefully the former.

Problem is, the bar is a lot higher here now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here