Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barcelona VS Arsenal

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Anyone remember the last time they watched SSN in a transfer window and Cesc Fabregas wasn't mentioned?

Anyway apparently he's going for 29 million euros up front then 1 million euros for 5 years from Cesc's wages. So less than Andy Carroll...

I rate Fabregas, think he's easily the best midfielder in the prem and can't help but feel sorry for their fans. Barcelona really do have no respect for smaller teams claiming he's returning to his rightful club in Barcelona when they let him go when he was 15 because he wasn't good enough for them. An Arsenal player for 8 years but Barcelona are treating Arsenal like a league 1 club who've stolen their prized asset.

Hope Arsenal get drawn against Barce again next season and knock them out.

Last edited:

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Anyone remember the last time they watched SSN in a transfer window and Cesc Fabregas wasn't mentioned?

Any apparently he's going for 29 million euros up front then 1 million euros for 5 years from Cesc's wages. So less than Andy Carroll...

I rate Fabregas, think he's easily the best midfielder in the prem and can't help but feel sorry for their fans. Barcelona really do have no respect for smaller teams claiming he's returning to his rightful club in Barcelona when they let him go when he was 15 because he wasn't good enough for them. An Arsenal player for 8 years but Barcelona are treating Arsenal like a league 1 club who've stolen their prized asset.

Hope Arsenal get drawn against Barce again next season and knock them out.

agreed, i hate the fact that its the rich get richer.. and nobody can stop them =/

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Spends an inordinate amount of time injured (it seems to me as a casual onlooker) and all this will he/won't he crap every summer is tiresome. Liverpool thrived after getting rid of sulky Torres, I suggest it may not harm Arsenal if miserable Cesc fucks off and warms the bench in Catalonia.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Dull is not the word for the transfer sage but have to pick you up on that.

Barca did not 'let him go' Arsenal took advantage of Spanish law and got him on the cheap after the world under 17 (?) championships when he was the best player. They have used the same law to there effect plenty of times (as have Liverpool and Man Utd) to take some of the best Spanish talent away in the last few years.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not sure you're allowed to criticise Barcelona. Personally I can't stand them (quality football aside) as I find them incredibly pretentious and would love an English team to knock them out this season. Even Chelsea featuring John Terry as captain.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Dull is not the word for the transfer sage but have to pick you up on that.

Barca did not 'let him go' Arsenal took advantage of Spanish law and got him on the cheap after the world under 17 (?) championships when he was the best player. They have used the same law to there effect plenty of times (as have Liverpool and Man Utd) to take some of the best Spanish talent away in the last few years.
Indeed and they did it all round Europe, not always entirely lawfully.

Signing Fabregas back seems to have become a point of principle more than anything, because he'll struggle to get in their team at the moment (in the long term he will replace Iniesta probably).

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
He'll replace Xavi i think as he's already 31 and had a long-term injury problem

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here