Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barcelona v Chelsea

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
First I like their football. Also, I have a soft spot for Barcelona as it was the first proper foreign place I ever visited, I like the place and the people and my wife used to live there. I had a lovely time there this Xmas as it happens. It has a small place in my heart, Chelsea does not. Even when I lived in London I rarely went there. Everyone seems to be choosing a Champions League side from equal or more tenuous links. I'm no different. Get over it.

This is the equivalent of saying your a Man United fan because your Uncle went there once FYI.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is the equivalent of saying your a Man United fan because your Uncle went there once FYI.

Well, my Uncle has never been to Old Trafford so I'm safe.

And PS it isnt it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's bloody midnight. I need to go to sleep. Träum was schönes.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The bleating posts from the plastics on this forum are GREAT.

CL: FC Barcelona - Chelsea - Page 36

An American Barca fan:

1. Football (or soccer) is the only major sport where you can absolutely dominate and yet end up on the losing side. If Barca put an equivalent performance in NBA they would be 100-50 up by half time. If Barca put the same performance in NFL they would be 40-0 up. The problem with soccer is that your imperfections are not rewarded (there is no field goal). You get rewarded by only putting the ball in the back of the net. Fifa has really been ruined by Sepp Blatter and an organization stuck in middle ages. Teams which dominate should be rewarded. Innovative strategies to increase goal scoring is not encouraged or endorsed by Fifa. This results in laughable games like today where one team puts 10 people in the box and still ends up successful

An Irish Barca 'fan':

I'm sitting right now with a 2 litre tub of ice cream. After this game I bawled, my eyes and head hurt, my face is red and swollen. I've cancelled work and plans for tomorrow because I know I won't be able to hack it, and I'm genuinely too upset to function. I havn't been this gutted over a result since Inter, and France v Ireland. BUT I AM SO GODDAMN PROUD.

We played exactly as we should have the previous two games- the hunger and desire was there- and we were miles better than last week and the weekend.

Well done Chelsea but we have to be honest- if you win CL it would be so laughable. Outplayed in nearly every game in the KO stages- scraping through.

And the fans really moved me after Chelseas second- cheered and clapped, were most fans would have began leaving the stadium- I love this club more than ever. With Villa back and a new signin or two- we'll do it again next year!!

Bwahaha.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
The bleating posts from the plastics on this forum are GREAT.

CL: FC Barcelona - Chelsea - Page 36

Weird, I was just going through that thread myself. I can't stand the fact that they believe they have a god given right to win everything. People moaning about Chelsea's negative tactics? Away at Barcelona and two goals and a man down, what are Chelsea supposed to do? Ridiculous.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
I love that American barca fans reasoning :lolol: I kind of get what he's saying but he is totally missing the point in that games like that are one of the best reasons why we love this beautiful game. It's precisely because a team can get hammered and dominated and still come out winners that we watch it, what matters is the result and if the team that dominated always won it would be to the detriment of the game not the other way round. Yanks just don't get soccer I guess.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
everything that american said sounds like reasons why football (or soccersphere) is a MILLION times better than any boring american major league nonsense. Making a game high scoring does not make it a better sport. I would rather watch a gritty, hard fought 0-0 than a 100-28 drudging NBA match, how f-ing boring would that be?

3. What's the point of this game. Football is a sport and we are supposed to be entertained. How is stacking the box and defending since the 0" entertaining anyone. How is bettering the footballing experience?

what a bloody idiot, ill bet he didnt even watch the game. twat.

also that website freaks me out as it is essentially NSC in palace colours :sick:

Last edited:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Cheer on the Germans? I'd even cheer on the side that the allies played in Escape to Victory if they ever came up against Man U.

:lol:

same here re: Chelsea and Man U. Stick Madrid in there and that's my big team axis of evil. Couldn't care less if the first 2 are English clubs, it's a CLUB competition and whilst the fact a team like Arsenal might get my support because they are from England it would only ever be half hearted anyway. I want to see Chelsea lose. Couldn't give a shit about Bayern other than hoping they stop Madrid and Chelsea.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
That was the worst game of football ever FACT. Well except for Rochdale v Brighton winter 1998.
I'll raise your Rochdale v Brighton, with, Brighton V Doncaster 14th Feb 1998 at the Preistfield. A truly dour 0-0 between 91st and 92nd clubs in the football league!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
A few years ago I don't think I would have understood someone from this country wanting a team from another country to beat an English one.

But those days have disappeared haven't they ?

A few years ago I would have wanted Chelsea to win, last night I was not that bothered, but was impressed with how they came back and held on. For the final it is likely I will start off wanting them to win, but it may change as the game goes on.

It is a changing world.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
agree with that one absolutely dire

May I raise you both with Brighton v Barnet at Priestfield on Bonfire Night - lost 1-0.

First, last and only time, I genuinely travelled home wondering whether the whole bloody thing was worth it. It was so appalling and sapped the mind and body of the will to live. But that era is full of similar displays of inert incompetence. Home against Sudbury Town in the cup, Home against Hereford, Darlington.......God help me it makes me feel shaky just thinking back to all that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
May I raise you both with Brighton v Barnet at Priestfield on Bonfire Night - lost 1-0.

First, last and only time, I genuinely travelled home wondering whether the whole bloody thing was worth it. It was so appalling and sapped the mind and body of the will to live. But that era is full of similar displays of inert incompetence. Home against Sudbury Town in the cup, Home against Hereford, Darlington.......God help me it makes me feel shaky just thinking back to all that.

That Sudbury game was a low point. I recall Jimmy Case didn't come onto the pitch at full time to direct/motivate the team for extra time, instead he sat slumped in the dug out. If he couldn't be bothered.....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Oh, I did in 1999. I was in Worthing and the whole pub was full of plastic mancs. I couldn't contain my anti-Man Utd feeling (truth be told I was pished and feeling up for baiting the spastic plastic Mancs). Luckily, I got kicked out just before Man U equalised. The bouncer came over and asked me why I was supporting Bayern. I replied that I had never been to Munich and I heard they were quite good - now go and ask these plastics why they support Man U. I might well have used more industrial language.

Cheer on the Germans? I'd even cheer on the side that the allies played in Escape to Victory if they ever came up against Man U.

Bizarrely I was in Helsinki for last years Champions League final. I say bizarrely because the sports bar I went to in the middle of the city was packed out with Finnish 'reds'. I therefore supported Barcelona on principle!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Incidentally, another reason I dislike Chelsea.. I've been to Stamford Bridge several times working and the most popular song was usually the one that starts "f*** em all, f*** em all" and ends.. "we are the Chelsea so f*** all the rest". Ok, so we have a few chants with swearing in, but they don't ring around the stadium with most of the crowd singing it (and before anyone mentions 'we're f***ing brilliant', that was spontaneous and not in anyway aggressive). A very large section of Chelsea's support is, for me, just embarrassing.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
John Terry won't lift Champions League trophy | Mail Online

Roy Keane and Paul Scholes did not take part in the presentation ceremony when Manchester United won the Champions League in 1999 because they were banned from the final.​

and

Any Chelsea attempt to allow Terry on to the podium in Munich would be frowned upon, although he and others banned from the game will be entitled to one of the 30 gold medals given to the winners​

Seem to suggest he'll get a medal but he shouldn't received it as part of the post match presentation.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
John Terry won't lift Champions League trophy | Mail Online

Roy Keane and Paul Scholes did not take part in the presentation ceremony when Manchester United won the Champions League in 1999 because they were banned from the final.​

and

Any Chelsea attempt to allow Terry on to the podium in Munich would be frowned upon, although he and others banned from the game will be entitled to one of the 30 gold medals given to the winners​

Seem to suggest he'll get a medal but he shouldn't received it as part of the post match presentation.
Chelsea captain John Terry banned from bench but may be allowed to lift Champions League trophy in Munich - Telegraph :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here