Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barcelona v Chelsea

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But my logic is not really any different to yours. Of the remaining bad bunch I prefer Bayern.
It is really. If it isn't, then you haven't explained yourself very well.

Anyway, you prefer who you like, I can't say it bothers me like it seems to bother others on here. I just find it funny that someone who acts like they want to be a German ends up supporting Bayern Munich. :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Do you dislike all the top English teams HT ?
Why does it bother you? This board has hundreds of people on it, and if he doesn't feel English then isn't that just a case of :shrug: or *meh*?

I'm sure there is the odd German on German messageboards who loves the English and what we stand for, in very much the same way.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'll probably end up hoping Chelsea win it by default, as long as someone confirms that John Terry won't be entitled to a winners medal as I f***ing hate the bog brush headed wanker.

According to this BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Celtic | Legend Keane announces retirement Roy Keane didn't get one.
A Champions League winner's medal was what Keane craved most at United, but he fell agonisingly short of European club football's major honour.

He led United to a stunning semi-final victory in Turin over Juventus in 1999 but was booked and banned for the final, which United won 2-1 against Bayern Munich.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It is really. If it isn't, then you haven't explained yourself very well.

Yes it is. Have you ever seen me go on about Bayern before? Hertha is my team and they, like others, hate Bayern. Especially as Bayern kind of see themselves as the true Germans. The Hertha fans rub their noses in it about being the capital city though. And Bayern normally trounce them on the pitch; two Bayern players did paper, scissors, stone on the pitch to decide who took a free kick in the recent 6-0 defeat.

I just find it funny that someone who acts like they want to be a German ends up supporting Bayern Munich. :lolol:

..and you have ended up 'supporting' Chelsea :smile:

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm with Herr Tub as i'll be rooting for Bayern, quite quietly i have to admit, to win the title now. If i watched more German football then maybe i wouldn't, but as i don't i only have it in for the 10-in-the-box bores and Real Fascista who i see more of. Just because i'm English doesn't mean i have to like everything that might represent that or every business that happens to run on these shores.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do you dislike all the top English teams HT ?

No. I like Arsenal and supported them when they were in the final. I even supported England once. The last two games I saw were the away games in Azerbaijan and Moscow. At the moment my attention is elsewhere. My stance will change though, it always does.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:clap:

Tremendous news. I therefore shall be reluctantly "supporting" Chelsea.

Knowing that John Terry will totally miss out on Chelsea's finest moment does make a Chelsea victory more palatable.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Why does it bother you? This board has hundreds of people on it, and if he doesn't feel English then isn't that just a case of :shrug: or *meh*?

I'm sure there is the odd German on German messageboards who loves the English and what we stand for, in very much the same way.

It doesn't,t bother me other than to wonder why ?
Is it because they are foreign owned or have a majority of foreign players.

Is he going to rip into little old Reading next year with their Ruskies in charge.
I can only surmise you see.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm with Herr Tub as i'll be rooting for Bayern, quite quietly i have to admit,

Indeed. I might be bullish but I'm not stupid enough to go in a pub and openly support Bayern.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Indeed. I might be bullish but I'm not stupid enough to go in a pub and openly support Bayern.

Oh, I did in 1999. I was in Worthing and the whole pub was full of plastic mancs. I couldn't contain my anti-Man Utd feeling (truth be told I was pished and feeling up for baiting the spastic plastic Mancs). Luckily, I got kicked out just before Man U equalised. The bouncer came over and asked me why I was supporting Bayern. I replied that I had never been to Munich and I heard they were quite good - now go and ask these plastics why they support Man U. I might well have used more industrial language.

Cheer on the Germans? I'd even cheer on the side that the allies played in Escape to Victory if they ever came up against Man U.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
As a neutral, I thought it was a highly enjoyable game. I watched it down the pub, and was a great feeling when the place erupted when Torres' goal went in, even though many were not Chelsea fans. And yes, I know Chelsea had everyone behind the ball, but that was the only was they were going to win, and it worked. It doesn't matter how they did it, they beat Barcelona against all odds and are deservedly through to the final.

A great evening, and I hope tomorrow nights match is just as enjoyable!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)

If they're in the final i might go and watch it in the Bierschenke, a good german pub near Fleet Street. I am no meateater, but i was in awe of the number of sausages they brought out on a plate when someone ordered. Some nice tall beers too.

ad3.png

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It doesn't,t bother me other than to wonder why ?
Is it because they are foreign owned or have a majority of foreign players.

First I like their football. Also, I have a soft spot for Barcelona as it was the first proper foreign place I ever visited, I like the place and the people and my wife used to live there. I had a lovely time there this Xmas as it happens. It has a small place in my heart, Chelsea does not. Even when I lived in London I rarely went there. Everyone seems to be choosing a Champions League side from equal or more tenuous links. I'm no different. Get over it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here