Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barcelona v Chelsea

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I do because I am, well, English.

So the team may be made up of different nationalities and bankrolled by a Russian, but that is temporary. The club will always be English.

Ah, you see the problem I have is that I see myself as a man of the world. So by definition I cannot choose one team over the other based on birth rights.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The 10th best team in Spain ripped Man United to bits, twice, earlier this season...

This. They made United look one-dimensional and bereft of ideas. And United are 25 points clear of Chelsea. Beyond the top few clubs, English football's in a grim state.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
In the Johnstone Paints Trophy of European Football, let's face it, no-one really gives a stuff about the Europa League, all across Europe matches are played in half deserted stadiums .

attendance for Manchester Utd v Athletic - 59600. Attendance for Athletic v Utd - 40000 sell-out and widely regarded as one of the top 5 games in their history per-match. Half deserted.. Hmm.

Only the English are so disdainful of the Europa League and yet our clubs can't even win it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You faux-twist and-shout mask is slipping I'm afraid. Everybody knows that 95% of German football fans hate Bayern Munich even more than people hate Man Utd here. Not only are they one of the biggest and wealthiest clubs in Germany, they're also from Bavaria - home of some of the smuggest twunts in Europe, who believe their shit doesn't stink.

I'm not entirely sure what your point is here. Of the two teams which can oppose Chelsea they are my preference.

PS the smuggest twunt in Europe is a few posts up.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ah, you see the problem I have is that I see myself as a man of the world. So by definition I cannot choose one team over the other based on birth rights.

Man of the world ? Traveller ? You know where this is going HT don't you ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not entirely sure what your point is here. Of the two teams which can oppose Chelsea they are my preference.

My point is that if you had a proper German outlook, Bayern would be the last team you'd want to see win it. But you're not, you're English.

Personally, I don't much like Real Madrid, Bayern are just a German Man Utd and Chelsea are probably my least favourite "big" English team. I'll probably end up hoping Chelsea win it by default, as long as someone confirms that John Terry won't be entitled to a winners medal as I f***ing hate the bog brush headed wanker.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS

bayern sind wirklich schrecklich ... ich hoffe sehr das real morgen gewinnen und das wir haben ein final ohne deutsche betieiligung ... why the f*** would we want bayern in the final?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My point is that if you had a proper German outlook, Bayern would be the last team you'd want to see win it. But you're not, you're English.

We don't want him.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

Personally, I don't much like Real Madrid, Bayern are just a German Man Utd and Chelsea are probably my least favourite "big" English team. I'll probably end up hoping Chelsea win it by default, as long as someone confirms that John Terry won't be entitled to a winners medal as I f***ing hate the bog brush headed wanker.

Pretty sure Roy Keane got one when he was suspended

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

But my logic is not really any different to yours. Of the remaining bad bunch I prefer Bayern.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here