Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barcelona v Chelsea

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
more about us realising just how good the EPL is

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. I must admit I have not watched MOTD or a live Prem game for years now. I find Spanish and German football much more interesting and enjoyable on a number of levels.

PS, what does EPL stand for again?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. I must admit I have not watched MOTD or a live Prem game for years now. I find Spanish and German football much more interesting and enjoyable on a number of levels.

PS, what does EPL stand for again?

Edible panty line.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Why? Because I prefer Barca to Chelsea and wanted a Catalan victory? My allegiance to Barca is tenuous. My allegiance to Chelsea is absolutely non existent.

Barca ha ha what a c unt. Do you have one of their shirts.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
In the 'old' days, I'd always have wanted the English club to win. But 1) I love the way Barcelona play football 2) I love'Barcelona as a place after several memorable trips and have always liked the people 3) Chelsea are hardly an English club, bankrolled by Russian millions 4) they have several loathsome players and 5) thousands of loathsome fans, either old school thugs or jump-on-the-bandwagon types who arrived with Abramovich.

Good performance though against the odds. Hopefully they'll get dicked in the Final instead.
What you just said

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Are you going to ignore my points then, because I reckon they drive a bus through this point of view.

Wasn't ignoring your opinion, but if you've seen the likes of Bilbao, Levante and Osasuna play, then you will know this a lot better than me as I have only seen fleeting glances of them being mullered by RM and Barca. Teams in the relegation zone don't beat RM or Barca do they? That might be a sign of weakness in the EPL, but it might also be that the quality in our legue is spread about a bit more evenly, rather than being limited to the top 2, thus making the whole spectacle more endearing.

As I said before, perhaps my opinion is wrong, sorry if that turns out to be the case. Anyway, before anyone thinks I'm ignoring them, I'm off to bed now,

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do you have one of their shirts.

No, I did have a little hand painted and hand carved crest badge thing when I was a child though.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

?

Jesus are you for real. Pretentious or what.
'Oh God I couldn't,t possibly watch Premier League football'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In the 'old' days, I'd always have wanted the English club to win. But 1) I love the way Barcelona play football 2) I love'Barcelona as a place after several memorable trips and have always liked the people 3) Chelsea are hardly an English club, bankrolled by Russian millions 4) they have several loathsome players and 5) thousands of loathsome fans, either old school thugs or jump-on-the-bandwagon types who arrived with Abramovich.

Good performance though against the odds. Hopefully they'll get dicked in the Final instead.

My feelings as well.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Agree. What were Chelsea supposed to do in a winning position with 10 men, no centre halves, go all out attack!? Fantastic performance, a bit of luck, but Barca shot shy I thought. Well done Chelsea.

That's true enough once the red had happened. But they played exactly the same with 11 men.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Three words I shall remember for when the Germans ruin you :smile:
You faux-twist and-shout mask is slipping I'm afraid. Everybody knows that 95% of German football fans hate Bayern Munich even more than people hate Man Utd here. Not only are they one of the biggest and wealthiest clubs in Germany, they're also from Bavaria - home of some of the smuggest twunts in Europe, who believe their shit doesn't stink.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I do because I am, well, English.

So the team may be made up of different nationalities and bankrolled by a Russian, but that is temporary. The club will always be English.

That is right.They started with 4 Englishmen in the side. About as many as Liverpool had if you took all the Irish and Scots out of their teams during their glory years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here