Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barcelona v Chelsea

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's only pleasing if Chelsea win it and Spurs are 4th. I'll be pissed off if Newcastle finish 4th and Chelsea go on to beat Madrid. Don't like Chelsea, but the fact that they beat the 2nd most pretentious club in football (after Celtic) has softened the blow. And a note to whoever manages England at the Euros: don't take John Terry. He is overrated, not good enough at the highest level, and as we've just seen, he's a complete and utter tosser.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The 10th best team in Spain ripped Man United to bits, twice, earlier this season...

In the Johnstone Paints Trophy of European Football, let's face it, no-one really gives a stuff about the Europa League, all across Europe matches are played in half deserted stadiums to satiate the appetite for the almighty euro payments. How Can a league with a 26 point gap between the 2nd and 3rd teams be considered good, it's a 2 trick pony, they are good, but the strength and depth of the EPL makes BBVA look like an Hispanic MTL.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Remember the Marseille / Red Star final? Worked for them.

Marseilles later proved to be corrupt in that campaign.

But Steuca v Barca under Venebles, was the same.

The Chelsea squad cost many £100m's. Strange how so introspective in both games.

The result was right for them in the end, but Christ they rode their luck with the woodwork, missed pen, umpteenth chances against them both legs, Drogba running down clock with 6.5 minutes of fake injuries in first leg & a weak ref at th Bridge.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
That was the worst game of football ever FACT. Well except for Rochdale v Brighton winter 1998.

Disagree entirely. As an Englishman I am delighted to see Chelsea in the final. The played to a plan and although they rode their luck, they deserve it and I hope they win the final too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A wonderful, wonderful performance - I gave out a loud cheer when Torres rounded the 'keeper and slotted home and I have absolutely no interest in Chelsea whatsoever - I couldn't even tell you who half of their players are.

Looking forward to the final now, particularly if Mourinho et al feature.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
No. Didn't watch as haven't got sky. Sounds as though Chelsea played admirably. Just a general observation that Chelsea are not, in my opinion, good to watch. And how people can complain about Barcelona cheating I don't know. I presume they weren't watching the match last week. Drogba's display was the worst display of cheating I've ever witnessed.

In the game last week the Barca players were rolling around on the deck after every tackle like school girls, if that is not cheating then i do not know what is.Well played tonight chelsea after your dickhead captain got himself sent off needlessly.I thought replacing Drogba was a mistake as he was good in attack as well as defence , but wrong again great game for English football we beat the best in the world with 10 men.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Did anyone hear Geoff Shreeves, almost gloating, tell Ivanovic staroght after the game that he'd miss the Final. The man's just played the game of his life and Shreeves couldn't even let him enjoy it for a few minutes. What a cock of a man.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
In the Johnstone Paints Trophy of European Football.

Which, lest we forget, the almighty Man Utd were only in because they weren't good enough to get through their CL group.

I would bet that if you took the lineups from each league and put them against each other in a series of games, 1st vs 1st, 2nd vs 2nd etc....down to 20th vs 20th, the Primera Division would win.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
A wonderful, wonderful performance - I gave out a loud cheer when Torres rounded the 'keeper and slotted home and I have absolutely no interest in Chelsea whatsoever - I couldn't even tell you who half of their players are.

Looking forward to the final now, particularly if Mourinho et al feature.

There keeper tried to take Torres out by diving at his feet which Torres anticipated and jumped clear, great goal against dirty barcalona,i also would not give a shit about Chelsea in a premier league game:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Disagree entirely. As an Englishman I am delighted to see Chelsea in the final. The played to a plan and although they rode their luck, they deserve it and I hope they win the final too.

I was referring to the quote about Red Star and Marseille. As I said earlier I didn't watch tonight as I don't have sky so I haven't a clue about the quality on display this evening.

D

Deleted member 18477

the best thing about all this is John terry out of the final! He shouldn't be in the Chelsea team anymore let alone the England team. And Chelsea are much more likeable without him. Ramires, a.cole, drogba really are top players!

Any1 vs Spain in the euros... Formation 6-3-1!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do you think we can stop all this Barcelona are the greatest team ever bollocks now? Yes they are good, yes Messi is the second highest scorer in the Spanish league, yes they have some great players, but they are a Spanish team, they are currently the Rangers of the Spanish Monkey Tennis League, the 6th best team in England just put them out of the CL. Spanish football is not as good as the EPL, FACT.

How have Man U faired against Barca? You seem to have forgotten this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here