Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barcelona v Chelsea

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Do you think we can stop all this Barcelona are the greatest team ever bollocks now? Yes they are good, yes Messi is the second highest scorer in the Spanish league, yes they have some great players, but they are a Spanish team, they are currently the Rangers of the Spanish Monkey Tennis League, the 6th best team in England just put them out of the CL. Spanish football is not as good as the EPL, FACT.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Hope Chelsea are truly annihilated in the final. They are terrible to watch. People only like Barcelona as they're good? I like watching them because they play lovely football (which is incidently the style we are trying to emulate).Don't care if they lose but I know I'd much rather see them than Chelsea who are boring and play unattractive football. And as for English ha ha ha, English football died for me when the premier league came along. Having a couple of bit part Englishmen in the squad doesn't make the team English in my book.
As others are saying, what the hell do you want them to do, go all out attack with a makeshift defense and when down to ten men? They created almost as many opportunities and their goal was by far the best.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Hope Chelsea are truly annihilated in the final. They are terrible to watch. People only like Barcelona as they're good? I like watching them because they play lovely football (which is incidently the style we are trying to emulate).Don't care if they lose but I know I'd much rather see them than Chelsea who are boring and play unattractive football. And as for English ha ha ha, English football died for me when the premier league came along. Having a couple of bit part Englishmen in the squad doesn't make the team English in my book.

I am not sure how you can watch that game of football and not have respect for Chelsea and what they acheived tonight. To get back to 2-2 at the Nou Camp from 2 down with 10 men and no centre halves is OUTSTANDING. I do not like Chelsea by any means but I have to applaud that performance, even the Barcelona fans did FFS.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Normally would support the English team ... but would rather see Newcastle or Spurs in the Champions League next season.

Good point.

..but its good that an English team has made the final as cronic underperformance across the board could reduce the number of English qualification places from four to three.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
As others are saying, what the hell do you want them to do, go all out attack with a makeshift defense and when down to ten men? They created almost as many opportunities and their goal was by far the best.

No. Didn't watch as haven't got sky. Sounds as though Chelsea played admirably. Just a general observation that Chelsea are not, in my opinion, good to watch. And how people can complain about Barcelona cheating I don't know. I presume they weren't watching the match last week. Drogba's display was the worst display of cheating I've ever witnessed.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
the 6th best team in England just put them out of the CL. Spanish football is not as good as the EPL, FACT.

The 10th best team in Spain ripped Man United to bits, twice, earlier this season...

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
This. I hate the Barcelona adulation, surely it is the equivalent of being a Man Utd fan, people like them cause they are good.

I always like to support the under-dog, tonight Chelsea were 2 down with 10 men and they got through, fantastic stuff.

If anything, I think it's worse, at least United are in this country..!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Magnificent effort

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The point is why spoil the moment and point it out on live tv

Sound bites? Sentimentality - the heroics of the player who played a part to the end, knowing he wouldn't be in the final? The Emphasis of how important the win is for chelsea, despite personal failings? An expression of the importance of teamwork over personal glory to help build to the final? An attempt to maybe get a fresh new hook to the post match reporting (he is meant to be a reporter, after all)

He should know that booking cost him his place, and as such asking him about it shouldn't be a surprise, and shouldn't spoil the moment. Honestly, they have just made the champions league final, that's a major achievement, especially given their season and the opponents, that such a question shouldn't spoil the moment for them.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

I'd agree-so long we have a plan B. Barcelona didn't have one, played against 10 men and look what happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here