Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barca sign Villa

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
£34 million
:ohmy: they are just going to be INSANE next season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They're basically becoming Spain.

If Mourinho becomes Real manager, that is going to be SUCH a good duel over the next few years.

Mourinho and Pep are both mega stylish, and it's the battle of the manager who ALWAYS wins against the best club side in the world. Wicked.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Well it'll shut up those who preach on about Barca not spending silly money like Madrid....

£40m for a 28 year old. Interesting....

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Well it'll shut up those who preach on about Barca not spending silly money like Madrid....

£40m for a 28 year old. Interesting....

Its not silly money, the ridiculous money was spent on Ibrahimovic. Also sure he is yet another that was at some stage in the Barca youth set up

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ibrahimovic is just the sort of overpaid, over-hyped forward City will end up signing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To be fair Ibrahimovic did score TWENTY ONE goals this season. So not a complete flop (just in the big games, unfortunately).

But no, neither Ibra nor Berbatov are justifying their place as the next Bergkamp. Shame.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
To be fair Ibrahimovic did score TWENTY ONE goals this season. So not a complete flop (just in the big games, unfortunately).

Indeed. In his own right 21 goals is a pretty useful return. However when you consider his transfer fee and the inclusion of Eto'o in the same deal, 21 goals isn't a great end product. Luckily Messi made up for it with 47 goals.

therunningbomb

therunningbomb
Feb 23, 2009
Hove

But no, neither Ibra nor Berbatov are justifying their place as the next Bergkamp. Shame.

Apart from his great goal at the Emirates in the Quater Finals of the Champions League

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Anyone who has ever said Barca don't spend money is stupid and wrong, but they don't spend on the same level as Madrid, and unlike Madrid and most other major teams they have a high number of players they've brought through their own system in their side. Their regular starting eleven this season has had SEVEN, plus others on the fringes, whereas Madrid have had two-three max in the starting line up and perhaps one or two more who've featured.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
21 goals in that Barca side is basically 10 or 11 in a normal side because he'll get twice as many chances.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Baca, Baca, Baca!

Sorry, why hasn't anyone else pointed this out yet? :laugh:
Barca?

£34million is a bargain for someone with atleast 5 years left in him to bang in 30 goals a season. Which Villa will. Ibrahimovich wasn't what the team needed, he's not mobile enough. Villa, however... well. I'm a plastic Madrista, but I'm looking forward to seeing them next season!
:clap2:

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I think they got a bit of a bargain in this world of over inflated transfers bearing in mind Dzecko & Gignac are supposed to be worth as much as him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here