[Albion] Barber on 5 live

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Thanks for sharing.

I know he’s got his haters, but how lucky are we to have Paul Barber? He always represents our club so well in the media.

Before anyone asks, no I’m not Paul Barber!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Let's hope Potter gets the respect he has earned when Chelsea come to town.

:moo:

The severity of the reception Potter may get is maybe dependent upon our results in the games prior to the Chelsea game. I don't know about you, but the loss of Potter seems to smart less as we have employed a great and progressive replacement. At the moment I am less likely to react negatively than I was a week ago and with reflection, feel more gratitude towards him and his staff.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
R5 and TS interviews very similar (Souness a bit more challenging perhaps), now being discussed in more detail, Souness being pretty negative - seems fixated on the number of clubs our Bob has been through as a coach, and dismissed the prep that he'd done that impressed Bloom/Barber by saying he'd 'spent a couple of hours on the internet (implication from Barber was it was hugely more than that down to very detailed views on all of our players and including analysing how Liverpool played and how he'd plan to approach that game). Jordan is however (through gritted teeth LOL) praising Bloom/Barber.

Now saying it's a shame we couldn't have found a 'young British coach' - Jordan said we had one and Chelsea took him, so who would you suggest ? Souness couldn't think of anyone :facepalm:

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
R5 and TS interviews very similar (Souness a bit more challenging perhaps), now being discussed in more detail, Souness being pretty negative - seems fixated on the number of clubs our Bob has been through as a coach, and dismissed the prep that he'd done that impressed Bloom/Barber by saying he'd 'spent a couple of hours on the internet (implication from Barber was it was hugely more than that down to very detailed views on all of our players and including analysing how Liverpool played and how he'd plan to approach that game). Jordan is however (through gritted teeth LOL) praising Bloom/Barber.

Now saying it's a shame we couldn't have found a 'young British coach' - Jordan said we had one and Chelsea took him, so who would you suggest ? Souness couldn't think of anyone :facepalm:

Souness is coming over a bit too negatively imo. Simon Jordan - superb!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Souness is unbearable towards us at the moment. Which is odd considering he liked us before.

He went off on some rant the the other day that a provincial club like us would have no chance of prising away the Celtic manager ! Maybe he thinks we've gone above our station?!?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Souness is unbearable towards us at the moment. Which is odd considering he liked us before.

He went off on some rant the the other day that a provincial club like us would have no chance of prising away the Celtic manager ! Maybe he thinks we've gone above our station?!?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Agree - all very strange.......he was raving about us when punditing on a couple of games recently.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Agree - all very strange.......he was raving about us when punditing on a couple of games recently.
Only through gritted teeth.....

I've noticed a reluctance from Souness to credit us compared to the usual pundits who praise us to the hilt - including Redknapp, Neville and Carragher

But that could be his general dour Scotch demeanour [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Souness is dour and a dinasour.... ‘football is a man’s game’ being one of his recent quotes shortly after the England women’s team won the Euros and raised the profile of the women’s game to new heights.
One thing that he has raised which could be an issue is the number of clubs De Zerbi has coached. He was however at Sassuolo for three years. If we can have a successful three year spell from him I’d take that now.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Souness is a pretty tedious – and rude – pundit, to be honest. I watched a clip of him yesterday when Tuchel was sacked from Chelsea and he has ZERO idea of radio etiquette. Barking at Simon Jordan for laughing when he said "Soccer" and then having a go at Jim Shite when he dared to interrupt his ramblings.

A couple of minutes of my life I won't get back – I only wanted to hear/see what Andy Brassell thought about Italian Bob! :shrug:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Souness strikes me as the type they doesn’t like us , Bournemouth, Fulham etc in the Premier League - he only wants ‘big clubs’ such as Bolton, Sunderland etc

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

You just know in Souness head he's thinking "I could do that job any day of the week and twice on Sundays"

He's so blinkered and lacking in self awareness, it's all about him and what he'd do. He can't get his head around that things have moved on.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports