Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Barbara Windsor

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Will always remember her for EastEnders.

Perhaps the most famous actor/actress ever on Albert Square and definitely right up there with the very best.

Also, as an avid fan of the Kray twins with almost every single book published on them and film DVD's, her name kept popping up time and time again - in a good sense - with the East End of London becoming more glamarous.

What a life led. It wasn't supposed to end like this after everything she gave to the showbiz world. :down:

RIP Babs. An absolute legend.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This has been another horrible year for celebrity culls!

RIP Babs. As for a lot of young lads of my age, her appearances in carry on films were very close to the edge. She was a quite brilliant actress and played whatever part she had with style and skill.

The BBC drama about her life, which she actually appeared in a few times, was one of the best bits of TV in the last few years. Her off screen relationship with Sid James wasn’t really mentioned, which was a big part of her life and the Krays/ East end gangsters links was also shown, but not over played. Such a shame the actress who played her, who was quite brilliant, lost the signal on breakfast time and we didn’t get to hear her recollections.

It’s very sobering the older you get how those people you grew up watching in the flix and TV start passing away. Does make you think!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Oh yes. Not sure it was just the laugh though...
Reading her obituary I've just found out she was in the St Trinian's films too. Cheeky!

RIP Babs.

Yep, a real humdinger

Attachments

• b117cc68c13353ffc67aef7d2e14474c.jpg
    b117cc68c13353ffc67aef7d2e14474c.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 123

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Oh yes. Not sure it was just the laugh though...
Reading her obituary I've just found out she was in the St Trinian's films too. Cheeky!

RIP Babs.

Which were on tv over the weekend . RIP Babs

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
She was a National Treasure.

I can just imagine her up in heaven now, with Sid James having a ride on his Chopper.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I first saw her in the film "Sparrows Can't Sing". The stage play from which it was adapted was written by Stephen Lewis who became famous as Blakey in "On The Buses".

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very sad.....real icon from my childhood. We named one of our dogs 'Babs' after her in the 70s. Brilliant actress, down to earth and seems to have had a heart of gold. RIP.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Apologies if this has already made it on here.

[tweet]1337355141004058625[/tweet]

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I reckon her tits must be among the most viewed ever. Shame she never got her bush out.

I can't think of a bubblier personality. Decent innings, sad exit. She made me smile.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
When i was a kid, I bumped into her boobs at the Brighton Centre while attending the Ideal Home Exhibition.

Boobs are great and so was Babs. RIP.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I reckon her tits must be among the most viewed ever. Shame she never got her bush out.

I can't think of a bubblier personality. Decent innings, sad exit. She made me smile.

A really fitting tribute that :clap2:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was staggered to learn that she'd been in a production of The Threepenny Opera with Vanessa Redgrave. Hermione Baddeley and Joe Melia (with Arthur Mullard as one of the crooks). I'd love to have seen that

It shows that she probably had a decent range but, like Harry H Corbett, struggled to get out of comedy. I'm glad that she found a home in Albert Square in later life

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
What a lady what a life

Sums up what's been a really rubbish year Dame Vera and Dame Barbra two uniquely British icons RIP

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
RIP Babs , brilliantly played by Jaime Winstone in 2017 that was shown last night. Her initial confrontation on set with a bearded Kenneth Williams after he was rude to her......' She knew he hated Fenella Fielding, so she said to him, ''Ere you, don't you have a go at me with Fenella Fielding's minge hair round yer chops. I won't stand for it .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here