[Albion] Bar 52 today

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
So, what happened?
PBOBE and TB turn up about 12.15, and then leave about 30 minutes later.

(Have I missed a thread on this?)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So, what happened?
PBOBE and TB turn up about 12.15, and then leave about 30 minutes later.

(Have I missed a thread on this?)
They'd finished their drinks ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Did they tip the bar tender?

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Probably sneaked out before the bar tender had noticed they had gone without leaving a tip! :sneaky:

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Were there not supposed to be several hundred supporters or more at this sellout event? And yet, not a word on social media about it beyond this?

Very strange.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It was good that the club put this on, pub was very busy and I do hope sodexo don't learn that 4 people behind a bar can serve 500 customers (it was chaotic).

I know pbobe spoke but the mic/sound wasn't great so couldn't hear a word. I think it something about the meek.

I left just before 1pm and bloom/pb were still being hugged and photographed

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024
Were there not supposed to be several hundred supporters or more at this sellout event? And yet, not a word on social media about it beyond this?

Very strange.
I went with a mate. 100s of Albion enjoying a ‘few’ beers in the sunshine. TB positioned himself (not sure if by design or accident) by the queue for the bar. Was happy chatting with everyone. He asked about our journey and what time we’d started. Had a photo taken with him. PB got on the mike and said a few words of thanks etc. He mentioned something would be waiting for us. Another t-shirt - this time Dunk on the front … and the Albion ‘tour’ dates on the back. Spurs was just ‘Spurs’ this time as opposed to the misspelt Hotspur on last years shirt.

TB and PB left after a little while and that was it really. Unless anything exciting happened after we left.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It was good that the club put this on, pub was very busy and I do hope sodexo don't learn that 4 people behind a bar can serve 500 customers (it was chaotic).

I know pbobe spoke but the mic/sound wasn't great so couldn't hear a word. I think it something about the meek.

I left just before 1pm and bloom/pb were still being hugged and photographed
Trained bar staff v Students wanting to earn a few quid never going to happen. Last time at the Amex I ordered and the girl said next. I said don’t you want paying then and she looked at me with a blank expression and continued with next :shrug:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
They’ll get over it when they inherit though
They have to pay tax on it these days. It's not quite the good deal it used to be.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

No it it was something about big nose and taking to the cleaners and Tony took it personally :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports