Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banner for play-offs. What are your thoughts?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If we play and beat Crystal Mighty FC I'd prefer something along the lines of '30 Goals and you won f**k all, 30 Goals and you won f**k all' with a picture of Murray missing yet another sitter underneath.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Agree with this.

That part of our history is gone, no need to keep dragging it up. It hurts, we remember and that's enough. Needs to be a celebration of now.

Yes and no. I don't think now is the time to say we've had the last laugh, because although we have, we haven't had the biggest one yet. The time for that banner is the first game in the Premier League, be it in August or further down the line.

The Bloom Godfather one is the best idea.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
A tribute to Grealish may be more fitting and less contaminating than having their names in our stadium. You could have parity with the banner at the last Donny game something about 'the money men not ruining us' although how that fits in with Blooms wealth!

Perhaps an REMF tribute as well in honour of all the good fans that did not make it to top of the pyramid.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Definitely the Bloom godfather one, with the words underneath :

'There's only one Tony Bloom'

Can anyone get an image drawn up of this?? Would look incredible.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Why even waste your money on their names, look to the future.

Bloom the godfather for me

Jimmy Grimble

It's not bad, but like others have said - a bit too wordy.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Is it only me who likes it, then, other than agreeing with the caveat about the slightly awkward wording? When you're in the gravy it's all the more important to remember the past, lest those mistakes are repeated - and to further enjoy how good it is now.

I like the message of defiance, personally - a giant 'f*ck you' to the people who would have had the club die.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
There you go.

you're welcome.

BHAFCbouncingback.jpg

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Some reason, the image is not showing but here is the link

Dropbox - Banner

I think Knight should be there really, he helped keep us going through extremely tricky times....maybe Knight instead of The Amex (mainly because the ground name may change once the current deal is up)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I feel generally banners are very risky, look at Bristol City's for example at Mill Stad.

Our Marvellous Scenes was slightly different then as it wasn't a direct dig at anybody.

Should be lose the play offs then the evil three will just think you lost we are therefore having the last laugh now

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its got to be Tony as The Godfather. And a picture of Gus next to him. And a line from Tony saying:

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse..."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here