****** banned in New York

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MOWTCHOPS

Banned
Feb 17, 2007
It was said to be a symbolic resolution and not an actual resolution so I am not sure what we’re really dealing with: Late last week, New York City Council banned the use of the “N-word” because it incites hate and something, something…racism…all the usual comments.

Is the N-word a racial epithet? Sure it is. Is it offensive to some? Sure it is. But it is also just a word.

What’s interesting is that the cause of the commotion does not arise from the general direction of the White community but from Blacks–namely Black rap singers and comedians.

Councilman Leroy Comrie sponsored the umm measure? and says (because it is so often spoken by Black people to Black people) the word is self-denigrating and disrespectful of Black history.

I have absolutely no idea if there is any truth in this and I really don’t care…call it the ugliest word in the English language, I don’t care! What I care about is the latest infringement on the very basic, very necessary freedom of speech that is (or used to be) guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution.

By eliminating the “N-Word” from social discourse, Councilman Comrie is hoping to send a message to the next generation of Americans…

:crazy:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Totally unenforceable.

What are the police going to do when a black rapper uses the word in a public concert - arrest him? Hardly good community relations.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
So 50 cent greets Dr Dre in Time Sq with "Hey ******!" and he will be charged with using racist language?!?

That is just complete madness. You cannot arrest a black man for calling another black man a "******" because it would be stupid, and the law cannot only be enforced against non-blacks, because that in itself would be racist.

I just don't see how that could possibly work.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Pulp Fiction's off the agenda then

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Seagullible said:
thought spook related to ghosts that are white

anyway, all this PC stuff has gone too far cue-ball

I thought it was because you can't see them coming in the dark. The black men that is.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Why have they banned Niggers from New York?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports