Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bangladesh v England - 1st ODI

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
You beauty! I'm on Virgin media too and didn't know about SkySports mix. Now I've cancelled Sky Sports I appear to have that one now. Cheers [MENTION=1575]whitelion[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

Only found it a few days ago. Apparently launched on 25th August and one of the first events shown was Burton v Derby on the 26th. Not sure how much football they show on the channel - guess that was just a taster as they make so much cash from their premium channels.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England 220-4 (40 overs)

10 overs to go... with Stokes and Buttler at the crease... Ali and Woakes to come...

249-6 (45 overs)... only 29 from 5 and losing Stokes and Ali, that's a bit of a setback.

5 overs to go for Buttler and Woakes

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England 303-6 (48.4 overs) :clap2:

Comes up with a flat-batted swish at a full toss flying over third man for six :laugh:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The Bangles are not doing much for the reputation of former Brighton College, Sussex & England fielding guru Richard Halsall ....

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Buttler slashes another wide full toss off the toe end of the bat down long-off's throat. And this time the fielder managed to cling on to it.

308-7

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Woakes run out off the last ball as Willey poked it back to the bowler...

England 309-8 (50 overs)

Seems like a pretty decent wicket, with a bit of bounce... but it should be enough.... surely?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Which is exactly what I should be embarrassed about myself. Other than it turned out to be one of the best bits of business I've done for a while. Whilst deviously playing TalkTalk against retaining Sky I battered out a better deal than I could ever have imagined.
Sky (inc Sports) was about £85 a month. Now have 'TalkTalk Plus' all singing and dancing set up. £32.50 and Sky Sports for an extra £11. Half the price....and if that wasn't enough TalkTalk sent me £120 of Shopping vouchers which I used in Argos. 😊
Good deal, but brace yourself for dealing with talktalk if (when) something goes wrong. They're horrendous in my experience

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good effort from England, nice to see Duckett get a score. I see he has opened on occasion for his county, he could be quite handy in the future!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Good effort from England, nice to see Duckett get a score. I see he has opened on occasion for his county, he could be quite handy in the future!

There is a bit of competition for the opener position in the England team suddenly. Duckett had a great season, Hameed at Lancashire seems to be a great prospect and Gubbins at Middlesex was very unlucky not to get picked for the tour. Hopefully one will come good quite quickly, as we're in desperate need of a permanent opener to partner Cook. They've changed that position so much in recent years.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Only found it a few days ago. Apparently launched on 25th August and one of the first events shown was Burton v Derby on the 26th. Not sure how much football they show on the channel - guess that was just a taster as they make so much cash from their premium channels.
They quite often show a Friday night fixture and have La Liga football on Saturday evening. They have showed a couple of England ODIs on it too plus NFL Red Zone on Sunday. Plus some interesting documentaries too. Been watching it since it started and can't believe I have it on the basic VM package (well M+ or whatever it is).

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Solid start from Bangladesh... then Ball, in his first over, gets Tamim Iqbal to miscue to pull and it squirts to Vince at cover...

Tamim Iqbal c Vince b Ball 17 (31b 2x4 0x6) SR: 54.83

46-1 (9.5 overs), Kayes 25*

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Good start from Bangladesh, but first wicket down

Tamim Iqbal c Vince b Ball 17

50/1 10 overs. End of power play

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003