Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banged up abroad

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Your fecked

my thoughts..

thanks - that would have been useful!

Very much this - not being an expert on law (let along German law)

It does seem very odd that you have seemingly been found guilty without the chance to stand trial.

Did you receive any other letters that you forgot about/threw away etc. asking you to attend court?

nope - nothing. Gave a statement & then was pretty much told by the police (who found it quite hilarious) that'd be the last I'd hear of it

How large is the fine?

enough to take me & the family to austrailia

I'm interested in the "I'd forgotten about it" comment, really?

the whole incident lasted less than 10 seconds (apart from the following procedures) & I'd drunk 10+ litres - may have affected my judgement a tad

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
As an aside I witnessed a car crash some time ago, gave my details and forgot about it. 18 months later I received a letter asking me to contact the police station. I foolishly ignored it to then receive a second letter asking me to attend a police station at a specific date and time. This date and time was pretty much non-negotiable. I faced arrest if I ignored it. And I was just a witness.

As an aside.... That's why he is fecked...

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Wouldn't really call Germany a tin pot country that will probably lose the paperwork... And I am sure that if you are wanted in the EU then you're generally wanted no? I would just do the honest thing and sell a kidney...

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
Interesting. The only advise I can offer is to get professional advise and don't try and be smart. I don't think they'll forget this.

As an aside I witnessed a car crash some time ago, gave my details and forgot about it. 18 months later I received a letter asking me to contact the police station. I foolishly ignored it to then receive a second letter asking me to attend a police station at a specific date and time. This date and time was pretty much non-negotiable. I faced arrest if I ignored it. And I was just a witness.

Wouldn't happen in ...... Oh hang on it did !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So you've been sentenced without it even going to trial?

Sounds like an odd way of doing it. I know the Germans are very strict on public forms of violence (not football violence bizarrely) but that doesn't sound very fair. Either way if I were you I'd do whatever it takes to avoid 4 months bird.

I wonder if the sentence is due to ignoring correspondence? See my post above.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It was Germany.

Having witnessed this obnoxious yank verbally & then attempt to physically sexually assault a girl, I intervened & tko'd him..

I'd quite like to go back & I'd quite like to not pay.

I can't appeal, as I'd have to go back for the case & my star witness (the girl) is also in the states..

Yes but Germany's got tonnes of pots

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd drunk 10+ litres - may have affected my judgement a tad

Hopefully you'll get a Bavarian judge; he'll understand this mitigating circumstance.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 724

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Is there a chance of something being lost in translation and that it is actually a case of if you don't go there for your trial then you could face a fine and/or jail time?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Is there a chance of something being lost in translation and that it is actually a case of if you don't go there for your trial then you could face a fine and/or jail time?

sadly not. they provide me with translated documents of it all - its quite clear :-(

Hopefully you'll get a Bavarian judge; he'll understand this mitigating circumstance.

i was in Bavaria - they said it is quite common..

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Personally I'd be looking for a local solicitor (local to where you were nicked) who will take your case and will be able to explain what's actually happening. Legal systems can be vastly different to ours, even in EU countries. The EU arrest warrant means this absolutely won't go away.

You need to know what you've been charged with and whether you have the option of going to court. Unless you unwittingly admitted it at the time and this is just a formality???

What evidence do they have against you? What did you say in your initial statement when you were first arrested? Have you got a contact for the girl?

Like I said, you need a professional in Germany.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
When I was working there I had to get some advice as one company didn't do my back pay, when I had to stop through doctor's advice.

It took about 6 months through a guy called a "Rechtsanwalter" of something like that A sort of German CAB.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here