Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bands who's first single was the best they ever did.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
You're wrong :D But so is [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] imo as this is probably my least favourite PSB track. And he's only chronologically right if he's talking about the original recording.

The version in stat brother's original post was the 2nd mix of the song produced by Stephen Hague not Bobby Orlando. Therefore, I am right.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
The version in stat brother's original post was the 2nd mix of the song produced by Stephen Hague not Bobby Orlando. Therefore, I am right.
But the original mix and 'One More Chance' were still released before 'Opportunities' so it's not the first single either :)

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The Jesus And Mary Chain – Upside Down
Oasis – Supersonic
Huggy Bear – Her Jazz
The Libertines – What A Waster
The Indelicates – We Hate The Kids

Hmm, thinking about it there's probably less bands whose first single WASN'T their best.

Oasis - Rock and Roll Star
Their first album track, not even a single, but still their best work

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Very much this one. Absolutely cracking track from a group that were much more than a novelty band.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
[YT]Oextk-If8HQ[/YT]

Keane - Somewhere Only We Know

In my own humble opinion, this is the best. Bedshaped is up there, of course it is. Everybody's Changing is a dinger, and even later albums have produced magic like Bad Dream and Atlantic, but really - does anything beat Somewhere Only We Know?

Sorry to be pedantic, but Somewhere Only We Know wasn't their first single.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here