Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bands that have sung songs about themselves

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Ossie's dream [Spurs are on their way to Wembley ] 1981 Tottenham Tottenham 1982 Glory Glory Man Utd 1983 and Oh Millwall 1994 all cup final songs ,not bands but hits all the same.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
As the title asks about songs about artists themselves, I reckon the whole of Springsteen's Tunnel of Love is autobiographical about the disintegration of his marriage to the model whose name escapes me :nono:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Every time the adverts come on its "who killed the Zutons" by the Zutons. I'm not buying it on principle

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That guy off That's Life wrote a song about himself.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
I'll start with Motörhead - Motörhead
Anti nowhere League - We are the League.

Don't want to be pedantic here but I will....Lemmy wrote Motorhead (the song) when he was with Hawkwind - He then got kicked out of Hawkwind and formed Motorhead and took the song with him.

I guess it's just a chicken/egg scenario - but in truth they do perform an eponymous song.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Macc Lads: Ay oop we're the Macc Lads (to the tune of Hey Hey we're the Monkees)
Mott the Hoople: All the way from Memphis
Beatles: Ballad of John and Yoko (Well, it''s about one of them)
Mammas and the Pappas: Creeque Alley

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Don't want to be pedantic here but I will....Lemmy wrote Motorhead (the song) when he was with Hawkwind - He then got kicked out of Hawkwind and formed Motorhead and took the song with him.

I guess it's just a chicken/egg scenario - but in truth they do perform an eponymous song.

And when he formed the band he wanted to call it 'Bast***s' but his manager said he'd never be able to ge them on TOTP with that name, so he changed it to Motörhead. I understand their manager rose to the occasion and got them on TOTP.

Anyway,
Lords of the New Church with the self titled song, 'Lords of the New Church'. Hey!

Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As the title asks about songs about artists themselves, I reckon the whole of Springsteen's Tunnel of Love is autobiographical about the disintegration of his marriage to the model whose name escapes me :nono:

Likewise Phil Collins with "Face Value"

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I was orally pleasuring a lady once and said 'I love you Sharon' while at it, and she said to me' 'That's nice, saying it twice...' and I said, 'I only said it once...' :ohmy:

*think echo :wink:

Were you in a tunnel? I suppose you were, now I come to think about it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Any chance of someone starting a 'Bands that have sung songs about natural life' thread?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here