Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Band Stand Chat

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Pretty sure I was at a game in the early eighties when we had to take back control of the North Stand, funny how history repeats itself.
If memory serves me right, there was a game when Pompey were given the North Stand at the Goldstone... 😠

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Yes, the moderators of NSC are behaving very childishly.

They took exception to me starting a 'should we start a music only forum', and then one or two of them starting bullying me for no apparent reason.

In any case, I decided, well, when in Rome and I started two very successful music threads - one about MJ and the other about Bjork. Apparently, the Bjork one didn't go too well - as I've now been effectively banned.

By banned, I don't think they have the balls to actually ban me - as I haven't really done anything wrong - but instead they have reduced my server access to almost zero, so the site has become unusable.

I can't use this account anymore - so I created Mustafa III (predictably). I gave them a heads up about this, but they obviously have no intention of acting like adults, and they have merged that and my old account so NSC remains unusable for me.

So I won't use this account anymore. I will still browse the site with minimal cookies and ad blocker on - they can be stuffed if they think I'm giving them any additional revenue.

When the time is right, I'll have to make an anonymous account. They won't know it's me until I choose to reveal myself.

All in all, it's a shame it has to be this way. Utterly embarrassing from the ageing NSC moderating 'staff'. Childish, pathetic and absolutely embarrassing that this is (for now) the most popular fans site.
First rule of creating an anonymous account - don't tell the whole forum that you plan to do it.

It's like being a spy. The best spies are those who don't tell anyone they are spies.

Dec 29, 2011
Yes, the moderators of NSC are behaving very childishly.

They took exception to me starting a 'should we start a music only forum', and then one or two of them starting bullying me for no apparent reason.

In any case, I decided, well, when in Rome and I started two very successful music threads - one about MJ and the other about Bjork. Apparently, the Bjork one didn't go too well - as I've now been effectively banned.

By banned, I don't think they have the balls to actually ban me - as I haven't really done anything wrong - but instead they have reduced my server access to almost zero, so the site has become unusable.

I can't use this account anymore - so I created Mustafa III (predictably). I gave them a heads up about this, but they obviously have no intention of acting like adults, and they have merged that and my old account so NSC remains unusable for me.

So I won't use this account anymore. I will still browse the site with minimal cookies and ad blocker on - they can be stuffed if they think I'm giving them any additional revenue.

When the time is right, I'll have to make an anonymous account. They won't know it's me until I choose to reveal myself.

All in all, it's a shame it has to be this way. Utterly embarrassing from the ageing NSC moderating 'staff'. Childish, pathetic and absolutely embarrassing that this is (for now) the most popular fans site.
I've had this on my account before. On the old software the add-on was called 'miserable user', it seems Xenforo has the feature built in:

Pretty petty from whoever did it. If they don't want you to use the forum, ban you. The only reason to do what they have done is plausible deniability for those who say, "oh, well you're still posting so you can't be banned".

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Pretty petty from whoever did it. If they don't want you to use the forum, ban you. The only reason to do what they have done is plausible deniability for those who say, "oh, well you're still posting so you can't be banned".
It's important to maintain a level of plausible deniability to avoid further economic sanctions and possible direct intervention from the UN or NATO.

This is the Russia invades Ukraine thread, right?

Dec 29, 2011
It's important to maintain a level of plausible deniability to avoid further economic sanctions and possible direct intervention from the UN or NATO.

This is the Russia invades Ukraine thread, right?
Please tell me, what other reason is there to use this method?

It effectively stops you using the forum, but doesn't show the 'banned' status under the name. If they wanted someone to stop using the forum why wouldn't they just ban them?

It's because, as has been proven in this thread, if there is no 'banned' status people will not believe you're banned and there will be less arguements about it.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

It effectively stops you using the forum, but doesn't show the 'banned' status under the name. If they wanted someone to stop using the forum why wouldn't they just ban them?

It's because, as has been proven in this thread, if there is no 'banned' status people will not believe you're banned and there will be less arguements about it.
I could hazard a few guesses as to why somebody might do that, but given I don't run a forum and have no intention of giving up any time or effort to do so I can't be bothered to speculate.

Frankly though, beyond the odd "oh, that's a shame, I liked their posts on XYZ" there's precious few posters on here that anybody would notice if they dropped off the face of the Earth.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Because sometimes people need an indicator that whilst they’re not breaking any rules, they’re acting like a bellend.

The forum is privately owned, the mods can do what they want with it. You’d like to think a fully grown adult would be able to look at their behaviour and reflect, rather than just instsntly making a new account with (basically) the same name.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What if we only won today because of the name change?

We're still 2 points off Premier League safety, changing the name back now could ruin the whole season.
Would have won today without those meddling kids.

Dec 29, 2011
Because sometimes people need an indicator that whilst they’re not breaking any rules, they’re acting like a bellend.

The forum is privately owned, the mods can do what they want with it. You’d like to think a fully grown adult would be able to look at their behaviour and reflect, rather than just instsntly making a new account with (basically) the same name.
In that case you can give someone an infraction, a short term ban, or a quiet word via DM. Slowing down their page load speed to basically zero is not something a fully grown adult would think is an appropriate solution.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
In that case you can give someone an infraction, a short term ban, or a quiet word via DM. Slowing down their page load speed to basically zero is not something a fully grown adult would think is an appropriate solution.
The mods do give short term bans - see the 'moderating decisions' sub forum. There are many examples.

It's just a guess, but I would imagine that 'slowing down the page load speed' is a further tool they use sparingly, after their patience has been sorely tested, by a handful of users with a rich history of not learning from short term bans and quiet words.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
We clearly need a system even football fans understand

IMG_0907.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here