Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Band(s) you wished you had seen but never will, and band(s) you saw and wished you hadn't!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
One of the biggest disappointments for me was seeing The Specials at Glastonbury in 2010 (it was sunny so I guess it was that year). I was really looking forward to them but they just didn't do it for me at all, really flat. I know it's probably not the best place to judge them but I was underwhelmed.

Maybe the Specials arent a festival band but more suited to smaller venues. Certainly as they broke out and played the Top Rank there was an edge to the evening with many London skins im attendance.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Years ago I saw the Doobie Brothers at Wembley Arena, I won the tickets from Virgin Radio for my workforce requests sent in and they were really poor.
Foreigner were the support band and they were really good so not all bad.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Went to see Grace Jones at the Brighton Centre and to this day I still don't know what was really going on.
An odd character and quite intimate with her brother on stage.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Funny you say that, a mate from work went to the last gig they did and who is, by no means what so ever a "lad" and he said the crowd was great.

I'm sure they had lots of amazing gigs, but I just meant that they could sometimes pull in some really scuzzy fans. The Verve were another band who seemed to have that unfortunate element to their fan base. I go to a lot of gigs and I've only come across it on rare occasions. Unfortunately Oasis was one of the worst, which was a shame because it overshadowed the fact that they were great on stage.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have managed to see most of my favourite bands live, Soundgarden, Rollins Band, Pearl Jam, Meat Puppets, Jane's Addiction but I regret never seeing Faith No More. Almost as much as I regret seeing RHCP live 3 times. hoping they would get better. One of the worst live bands I've ever seen. Over serious, self indulgent, lacklustre and lacked the punch one would expect. ****ing expensive too.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
I have managed to see most of my favourite bands live, Soundgarden, Rollins Band, Pearl Jam, Meat Puppets, Jane's Addiction but I regret never seeing Faith No More. Almost as much as I regret seeing RHCP live 3 times. hoping they would get better. One of the worst live bands I've ever seen. Over serious, self indulgent, lacklustre and lacked the punch one would expect. ****ing expensive too.

Agree the Peppers got a bit "stadium Rock" but I saw them in 1987 in a small club in San Diego, they were awesome then. Soundgarden, yeah amazing as were Mudhoney and for a different vibe Screaming Trees were fantastic when I saw them :drool: Never saw Rollins Band but saw Black Flag a few times in the 80's and his spoken word a couple of times in the 90's so hopefully not missed out too much?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Agree the Peppers got a bit "stadium Rock" but I saw them in 1987 in a small club in San Diego, they were awesome then. Soundgarden, yeah amazing as were Mudhoney and for a different vibe Screaming Trees were fantastic when I saw them :drool: Never saw Rollins Band but saw Black Flag a few times in the 80's and his spoken word a couple of times in the 90's so hopefully not missed out too much?

Would love to have seen Black Flag. Rollins Band were fantastic for 2 Albums, Weight and Get Some Go Again with equally awesome tours. Then turned to shit and didn't like their early stuff. His spoken word has got better and better. Saw him at The Barbican last January, less angry more amusing.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Wish I'd seen the Beatles
Really would have liked to have seen the Small Faces in their pomp,

I couldn't afford the 12/6d needed to see The Beatles at The Hippodrome. If I'd known that would be the only chance, I'd have found the money from somewhere. Saw The Small Faces at The Downs Hotel, Hassocks of all places just after Sha La La La Lee had topped the charts. Many didn't think they'd turn up, but they did and were pretty damn loud and GOOD!

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Would love to have seen Black Flag. Rollins Band were fantastic for 2 Albums, Weight and Get Some Go Again with equally awesome tours. Then turned to shit and didn't like their early stuff. His spoken word has got better and better. Saw him at The Barbican last January, less angry more amusing.

Yeah I guess Rollins is pretty comfortable now with stand-up, in the 90's he was all about the angst but I enjoyed it. Black Flag were essential viewing for me in the early 80's but I was very much into my American punk at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here