Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Band Banned

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Please be true.

PLEASE.

If they ban them at Wembley I may well go back to watch England play, but I will NEVER do it when the Sheffield Wednesday :tosser: supporting. Pukka Pie sponsored bunch of wankers are there.
I think Pukka Pie withdrew their sponsorship. Great news though, they don't even play in tune.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Excellent to see that there is UNANIMOUS support for this banning across the country. Exactly what was needed after the divisive European election activity of recent weeks - a true cause to unite the entire nation in one voice...

#keepthebandbanned

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I hope this is true, as I really don't think the World Cup needs yet another flat rendition of the Great Escape.

But where is the confirmation? I'm worried this may just be wishful thinking & that the band will somehow find a way in. Somebody show me the evidence of their banning, please.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I hope this is true, as I really don't think the World Cup needs yet another flat rendition of the Great Escape.

But where is the confirmation? I'm worried this may just be wishful thinking & that the band will somehow find a way in. Somebody show me the evidence of their banning, please.

This.

Video evidence of band members imprisoned, shot, or forced deportions / renditions are all acceptable proof...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As a seasoned England traveller, I find myself wondering what views [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] has on the England band.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Im probably gonna get a lot of stick for this but I actually like them. I love hearing the great escape or national anthem on the tv when watching world cup games. Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Im probably gonna get a lot of stick for this but I actually like them. I love hearing the great escape or national anthem on the tv when watching world cup games. Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up

I'm with you, and I've been to many tournaments and away games - I've never heard people moan about them.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
They have been to every major tournement since 98. But they claim they inspire the team... If they inspired the team I would have hate to have seen what we wpuld have played like without them. What a bunch of DICKS.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
I have been to almost all of the major tournaments since 96 and can confirm that most England fans detest them. It's bad enough just to hear them in the background, but I always dread finding myself in the same section of the ground. Thank God it never happened. Great news.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have been to almost all of the major tournaments since 96 and can confirm that most England fans detest them. It's bad enough just to hear them in the background, but I always dread finding myself in the same section of the ground. Thank God it never happened. Great news.

I was in a section quite near them last year for a friendly and can confirm that I didn't hear one moan about them. No-one tried to start a song to drown them out.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Pretty sure they are only banned from the World Cup, unfortunately.

FIFA have brought in rules stopping instruments being taken into stadiums after Vuvuzela-gate at the last WC. Amen for Sepp Blatter and his bags of cash !!

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
I was in a section quite near them last year for a friendly and can confirm that I didn't hear one moan about them. No-one tried to start a song to drown them out.

you're never gonna be able to drown them out by starting a song - how can you start it when nobody can hear you to begin with?

im delighted with this news - they are SHIT - you'd think they would actually know how to play the great escape by now but they dont cos they are rubbish

Jan 30, 2008
Just a bunch of bell ends that have nothing to do with football, would have got a slap back in the day i'm sure AND NOT ON THE BACK :angry:
regards
DR

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I've been near them 3/4 times and every time there has been groups around me trying to start songs only to be drowned out by the band.. I really hope the FA one day realise the vast majority of football fans hate them...

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
Now goal music, clackers, plastic pitches must go and a compulsory time that you have to be back at your seat. Hate when fans aren't back in time. I hate it when fans at the amex leave early. WHY! Don't bother coming.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here