Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ban on Heading

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Didn't Jeff Astle have problems related to heading footballs throughout his career. Mind you, this was a while ago when footballs were footballs.

Heavy leather footballs were bad for the brain. Footballs are much lighter now but I think the original article has a point. Let children develop their skills with their feet until they grow into puberty. Once their head stops growing, then they can use their heads.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm not sure how many actually know what football at a young age is actually like now. Pitches are a lot smaller for U10s, 60 x 40 for 7 v 7. In the sussex girls league, the new rule this year relates to goal kicks. The defending team have to retreat to their own half so that the keeper for the team in possession can pass the ball to one of her players rather than just try and lump it. This encourages possession and passing. As for heading, in the two years I have been involved, there has only been one headed goal!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I've played as a central defender since I was young and heading has never done me any hcvbnm,pw[;.x bnmp]2ein m;e'9876tghjk;./#,/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here