Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baltimore Is Burning

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
Don't know if anyone has made this link on this thread, but can't help but feel that the levels of gun ownership in the States has led to the police being scared witless, which is why they are so violent?

However that wouldn't explain the perception that black Americans seem to bear the brunt of this.

All deeply troubling.

This makes me feel that we are far too lenient on people who carry guns and knives in this country. If you are caught with one, you are prosecuted for a weapons offence. I think we should classify these people as being a hairs breadth away from murdering someone, and punish them accordingly. British boys fight with their fists, and all that.

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
I have seen so many comments on social media from them saying some truly shocking things about black people, often explicitly saying things like they are genetically inferior people. This will surely extend to the police force, especially when profiling suspects.

The racism is not just one way of course, there is a growing resentment of White Americans by the black communities in the states - it is a dangerous and growing social divide

Grim stuff.

This reminds me of the problems in Northern Ireland with the RUC, where the solution was to make an effort to start all over again.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
You are entitled to your ignorant assertions and unsubstantiated conclusions. Do you think racism is the exclusive domain of "white" people against black people? If so, you're utterly naive. I can't be arsed to spend 30 minutes sharing facts with someone who clearly has an agenda about America and White Americans. I'll just ask you to ponder these FACTS. Baltimore, like Philadelphia, Detroit, Atlanta, Oakland, St. Louis, Washington DC (I could go on and on).....are controlled (Major, Council, Police, School System, Housing) by minorities duly elected by the populace. THEY (and the people who elect them) are wholly responsible for the Third World situation THEY maintain. Don't like the situation - change it. That's democracy folks.

Racism is alive and well - show we a society where it isn't - Black Americans are 12 times more likely to be murdered by other Black Americans - is that racism? The US is a rainbow of nationalities.....ask yourself WHY in this White American Racist society why Asians, Latinos aren't burning down their own neighborhoods? Why?

Why do we spend a second concerned about the unfortunate passing of these scumbag criminals - look at the ACTUAL criminal records of Martin, Brown, Garner & Grey. They shouldn't have any rights. Any rights they had are gone - in my opinion - when they decide to sell poison to kids, steal from their neighbors and physically assault strangers.

By all means have an opinion but I believe facts are far more important.....UTA

Last edited:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
In a lot of cases it is likely to be that - but from my understanding, there is a trigger happy, power mad culture within the US force that results in so many of their police officers harassing, brutalising and even murdering the citizens they are meant to serve.

I have also noticed a massive rise in racism over the last few years amongst white Americans. I have seen so many comments on social media from them saying some truly shocking things about black people, often explicitly saying things like they are genetically inferior people. This will surely extend to the police force, especially when profiling suspects.

The racism is not just one way of course, there is a growing resentment of White Americans by the black communities in the states - it is a dangerous and growing social divide - and although at face value it appears to be racial one, as always, it is because of economic inequality... but many Americans just don't see it that way.[/
QUOTE]

Is it that racism is on the rise, or is it due to the increased use in platforms such as twitter and facebook which make it more visible now?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You are entitled to your ignorant assertions and unsubstantiated conclusions. Do you think racism is the exclusive domain of "white" people against black people? If so, you're utterly naive. I can't be arsed to spend 30 minutes sharing facts with someone who clearly has an agenda about America and White Americans. I'll just ask you to ponder these FACTS. Baltimore, like Philadelphia, Detroit, Atlanta, Oakland, St. Louis, Washington DC (I could go on and on).....are controlled (Major, Council, Police, School System, Housing) by minorities duly elected by the populace. THEY (and the people who elect them) are wholly responsible for the Third World situation THEY maintain. Don't like the situation - change it. That's democracy folks.

Racism is alive and well - show we a society where it isn't - Black Americans are 12 times more likely to be murdered by other Black Americans - is that racism? The US is a rainbow of nationalities.....ask yourself WHY in this White American Racist society why Asians, Latinos aren't burning down their own neighborhoods? Why?

Why do we spend a second concerned about the unfortunate passing of these scumbag criminals - look at the ACTUAL criminal records of Martin, Brown, Garner & Grey. They shouldn't have any rights. Any rights they had are gone - in my opinion - when they decide to sell poison to kids, steal from their neighbors and physically assault strangers.

By all means have an opinion but I believe facts are far more important.....UTA
Spot on

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Just cranked on channel 50 in Chicago. There is no one in the ballpark in Baltimore except the tv camera operators and the announcers and staff above behind home plate. No sellers, no ushers, no mascot, etc.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
[tweet]593485868591161344[/tweet]
[tweet]593484536304009217[/tweet]

Have you been to Camden Yards Ace? Great stadium and great views of the city skyline from the top seats as the sun sets but the game of baseball itself is boring as f**k, hence the empty seats.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Have you been to Camden Yards Ace? Great stadium and great views of the city skyline from the top seats as the sun sets but the game of baseball itself is boring as f**k, hence the empty seats.

No Botty, not really a baseball fan myself - I just like looking at the ball parks/stadiums :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here