Balotelli is an utter SCUMBAG

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm not condoning the stamp at all. My point is, have we been this hard on EVERY SINGLE OTHER PLAYER WHO HAS STAMPED ONCE IN THEIR ENTIRE CAREER? I doubt it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What I find odd is that the following factors are ALL being assumed with no evidence at all.

1. It was a deliberate stamp - Having looked at it a few times, it PROBABLY was.
2. Balotelli KNEW Parker's face was there - We have NO IDEA on this one, yet TONNES of people are just assuming he did. Bizarre.
3. His apology afterwards was fake - Again, we have NO IDEA whether it was or not.

You have to assume a LOT of unproven stuff.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Rooney did exactly the same in the Euros. Only it was onto Carvalho's nuts, so no one complained at all.

Exactly the same.

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
I know Mario is supposed to jump on his opponents heads but, maybe it's NOT such a good idea while wearing football boots.. * *

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
What I find odd is that the following factors are ALL being assumed with no evidence at all.

1. It was a deliberate stamp - Having looked at it a few times, it PROBABLY was.
2. Balotelli KNEW Parker's face was there - We have NO IDEA on this one, yet TONNES of people are just assuming he did. Bizarre.
3. His apology afterwards was fake - Again, we have NO IDEA whether it was or not.

You have to assume a LOT of unproven stuff.

1) Yep deliberate
2) It was a nasty spur of the moment action, the outcome was undoubtedly dangerous.
3) Players tend to apologies for themselves, trying to deflect any resulting punishment.

sparky999

Aug 5, 2011
i fcuking hate the guy...

if i saw him doing some shopping in churchill square.... no actually the lanes, i would definitely hurl some verbal at the twat..!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
1) Yep deliberate
2) It was a nasty spur of the moment action, the outcome was undoubtedly dangerous.
3) Players tend to apologies for themselves, trying to deflect any resulting punishment.

1. Agreed.
2. So, as agreed, NO idea that his head was there (which is one of the reasons people are upgrading this stamp, so to speak, into a worse offence)
3. So....he shouldn't apologise? Confused what you are suggesting he SHOULD do then.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
3. So....he shouldn't apologise? Confused what you are suggesting he SHOULD do then.

I think BigGully means it was an empty apology, he was just saying the words so he can claim he apologised, rather than apologising because he was genuinely sorry.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
I'm not condoning the stamp at all. My point is, have we been this hard on EVERY SINGLE OTHER PLAYER WHO HAS STAMPED ONCE IN THEIR ENTIRE CAREER? I doubt it.

There'd be a thread like this almost every week for our very own Ashley "sorry didn't see you lying there" Barnes if some of the clowns posting in this thread were consistent.

Last edited:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
1. Agreed.
2. So, as agreed, NO idea that his head was there (which is one of the reasons people are upgrading this stamp, so to speak, into a worse offence)

If you decide to stamp on a guy whilst he is on the floor then your fair game, it might of sliced his cheek off, anyway not sure what part of the body makes it less punishable.

The apology wasnt genuine, it was a selfish act to try to deflect any likely punishment and to offer a view that this was a mistake.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think BigGully means it was an empty apology, he was just saying the words so he can claim he apologised, rather than apologising because he was genuinely sorry.

And this proves my point that people are ASSUMING the apology was fake. Too many things are being assumed here.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why wasn't Ashley Barnes hounded like this? Called a dirty, cheating c**t?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
And this proves my point that people are ASSUMING the apology was fake. Too many things are being assumed here.

It is a fair assumption, he had just deliberately tried to stamp that player, even if you suspect it is a genuine apology, its a pretty hollow one !!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So if you were falling backwards you'd put your legs forward?
Do you fall over a lot?

A fair bit, yes.
And if I'm falling forwards (as Balotelli was) my leg does not stamp on the ground behind me.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Balotelli was spinning somewhat and stumbling (he had just jumped to head the ball and turned as he landed), and tripping on parker. I think the idea of forward and backward is a little more fluid if you're mid turn when you fall and then trip over something as you're falling.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm not condoning the stamp at all, I just think there's a bit of an overreaction on here, BASED on a number of ASSUMPTIONS, is all.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
1. Agreed.

I don't think he knew that Parker's head was there. He looked concerned briefly afterwards, although whether that was because he as worried he'd get sent off I don't know. I don't think that is any reason to lessen the abuse at him, if that had connected with his eye, and he was only an inch or two away, could have been career-ending. Consequences matter, and as he didn't connect probably only a 3 or 4 game ban.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We've all seen plenty of stamps in the past, but for me this one was elevated above the others as being far worse, because he was ramming his boot into the guys FACE. An inch or two either way and thats his studs going into Parkers eye socket.

Its only through sheer luck that Balotelli didn't do some very serious, permanent damage to Parker. He's a complete nutter - and not in a funny way any more.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We've all seen plenty of stamps in the past, but for me this one was elevated above the others as being far worse, because he was ramming his boot into the guys FACE. An inch or two either way and thats his studs going into Parkers eye socket.

Its only through sheer luck that Balotelli didn't do some very serious, permanent damage to Parker. He's a complete nutter - and not in a funny way any more.

But did Balotelli know Parker's face was there? Was he AIMING for the eye socket?

You could say it was BAD LUCK that Parker's face was there, not his upper thigh or...no part of him at all?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports