Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bale, Suarez, and Rooney

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
With respect, rooney is only trying to move because he knows whatever he does will never be as good as Van Persie, he is threatened by him and rightly so.

Agreed. I'd want a transfer if I was in that position too. Wouldn't you?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Football lost its way when it first began in 1992.

All this football lost its way in 1992 is complete nonsense. Football was nearly dead at the end of the '80's. What we have ended up with is far from perfect and I'm not defending it at all, but football lost its way through the '70's and '80's with no investment in infrastructure, stadia, or looking after supporters. It was a sh*t hole.

People may want to look back with rose tinted glasses at 'the good ole days', but something had to change and the PL is what happened. It didn't make football lose it's way, it had already done that all by itself.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The only thing I would like to see changed is honour the contract.

If a player signs a 4 year deal at silly wages and wants to move after 3 years HE has to buy out his contract.
Same with managers.
Clubs not allowed to pay for this.
Might possibly bring a little integrity to the game - Actually, dream on!

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
The only thing I would like to see changed is honour the contract.

If a player signs a 4 year deal at silly wages and wants to move after 3 years HE has to buy out his contract.
Same with managers.
Clubs not allowed to pay for this.
Might possibly bring a little integrity to the game - Actually, dream on!

This is a good idea in theory. Not sure it'd be allowed as far as employment law is concerned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here