Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock's Injury

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Can't agree on that. Looked woefully inadequate under Semi because he was in and out more often then the hokey cokey in a whorehouse. Goals and assists a plenty since Christmas.

Agreed. That run and assured finish against Arsenal shows what he can do. Was really coming into form.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone know what it was / how long he's out. Just read something on a mate's FB that he bumped in to him and apparently it's a big 'un. Maybe it for the season.

EDIT - I mean metaphorically bumped in to - I don't mean he made the injury worse...

Why has somebody 'thumbs downed' this post?! Bizaare!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agreed. That run and assured finish against Arsenal shows what he can do. Was really coming into form.

Yep - major shame. Also, he may well miss start of next season too if it's cruciate :(

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No real great loss. Reminds me of Dobbie. Waste of money frankly. The only reason it is a "loss" because we have a relatively thin squad (thanks Burke)

Can't agree. He's been playing well, chipping in with the odd goal, and is a far more skilful player (as in "can control a football") than our other central striking option. He also works his nuts off, usually in an unfamiliar position, which instantly elevates him above Dobbie, for effort and attitude alone.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Nope sorry Baldock has done nothing to impress me at all. Misses far too many chances for my liking and allegedly 2m quid. **** me. People still cream themselves over CMS cross at forest and justify that to keep him. So Ballsack has whipped over a couple of good crosses and scored an open goal v Leeds. Wooohoo. As for the Arsenal goal while it was good I would expect any striker to score that (apart from Cms) the beast scored for AFC Wimbledon v Liverpool doesnt make him brilliant.

I would go as far as to make him an offer to not stay IMHO. Dont rate him at all.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't understand why we bought a striker and then haven't played him as a striker. Why not buy a winger if that's what we wanted?

Or two up front?

Would rather we had spent £2million on a winger.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
i would play ledesma now and have lua lua to come on in second half as i feel hes a better player coming off the bench

Seems like a good option or bring JFC in centrally and move Tex to the left. Lua Lua looked about 80% fit vs Derby, he needs more games and fitness before he commands a starting berth.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Seems like a good option or bring JFC in centrally and move Tex to the left. Lua Lua looked about 80% fit vs Derby, he needs more games and fitness before he commands a starting berth.

er .... "a good option" - why?????

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Replacing Baldock with JFC is like replacing your boiler with a bag of sweets.

I'm sad to see Baldock missing out - I thought he did an admirable job of supporting the striker in an unfamiliar role. He started to look a really strong fit in a more attacking formation. I believe he would have bagged a few more goals as the team became more settled.

I'd rather not see JFC in ANY role, let alone the Baldock role - has to be Ledesma. I've got a good feeling he can deliver.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Ffs :(

Nope sorry Baldock has done nothing to impress me at all. Misses far too many chances for my liking and allegedly 2m quid. **** me. People still cream themselves over CMS cross at forest and justify that to keep him. So Ballsack has whipped over a couple of good crosses and scored an open goal v Leeds. Wooohoo. As for the Arsenal goal while it was good I would expect any striker to score that (apart from Cms) the beast scored for AFC Wimbledon v Liverpool doesnt make him brilliant.

I would go as far as to make him an offer to not stay IMHO. Dont rate him at all.

'Ballsack' how ****ing childish are you? You have a bizzare hatred of BalDOCK, yeah, that's his name use it.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Dam what a bummer...why do new signings always get crocked long term,well a fair few anyway.
Let's hope he's back for the start of the season as I rate him when he's played in the correct position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here