Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Yep you're probably right. Just like the idea of March's pace off Hemed.

Not a bad eleven whichever way he sets up.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Me too. Murphy's a great finisher and I prefer March on the wing.

Murphy didn't convince when I've seen him play there in the past but it's probably not fair to write him off on the basis of one game and in theory he seems like he should be good. Quick and a natural finisher.
But for me the natural Baldock replacement is Towell I think. Don't mess with the system. Don't play people out of their natural position. Trust the squad.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Murphy didn't convince when I've seen him play there in the past but it's probably not fair to write him off on the basis of one game and in theory he seems like he should be good. Quick and a natural finisher.
But for me the natural Baldock replacement is Towell I think. Don't mess with the system. Don't play people out of their natural position. Trust the squad.

I would agree if CH thinks that he is ready for a start. I would sooner start a 95% fit Baldock and then change as the game goes on.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

It's not Towell's natural position either. He scored a lot of goals for Dundalk but from a deep lying midfield role so whether he can slot in as a no.10 remains to be seen.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
It's not Towell's natural position either. He scored a lot of goals for Dundalk but from a deep lying midfield role so whether he can slot in as a no.10 remains to be seen.

Fair enough. Am I wrong in thinking he played in more of an attacking role against Milton Keynes though? And seemed to do OK..

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Of all of our wide players Murphy in my opinion is the best suited and best at the no10 role that Baldock does for us.
Murphy will make the run in behind and stretch a defence more so than our other options.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Fair enough. Am I wrong in thinking he played in more of an attacking role against Milton Keynes though? And seemed to do OK..

I'm not sure to be honest and I haven't seen enough of Towell to say what positions he could play. In Hughton we trust.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Flatters to deceive for me, some ability with the ball, especially when cutting in but generally lacks confidence in the last third. Crossing very average and shirks tackles.

Don't get me wrong, he is an okay player, but I feel we are at a better place than okay.

As for playing off Hemed, he had a nightmare at Wolves last year when he played that role, and just would not shoot, even when through - see lack of confidence.

Edit.
BTW - video's of best moments over 18 months, mean nothing for me. Just makes it more frustrating that he can play, just not consistently.

Obviously I'd quite like him to score a hatrick tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Will start with Hemed in my opinion.
Am I missing something here? Of course we'll start with Hemed. We play 442, how can we not start with Hemed?

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
If Baldock's unavailable I'd throw in the Towell.
Murphy bench for me.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Yes he did and can slot in when we haven't got the ball.

Also, he pressured the ball well against MK, which Hemed is not so good at.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
How can we not even have an 'up and coming striker' in the U23 squad who can be deemed worth a place on the bench?
Are we going to have a striker on the bench tomorrow night at all?
It also pretty much forces us to play at least one of Hemed or Murray on Saturday, as we won't risk Baldock, which for a team so close to realising it's ambition is strange to say the least.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes, probably wasn't very clear. Since the thread is about Baldock, I meant he will start with Hemed.
Oh I see. I hope you're right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here