Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are looking at someone better than we have to get us to January and our suggested big money signing who may score some goals to turn draws into wins. At the moment we have Manu or BZ at the worst recall COG for the bench.

Vaz Te was good what he is like now very few know least of all posters on here.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We are looking at someone better than we have to get us to January and our suggested big money signing who may score some goals to turn draws into wins. At the moment we have Manu or BZ at the worst recall COG for the bench.
Luckily it is against the rules to recall COG until January.

( The thinking behind this rule is that it is unfair to have a player recalled from your squad if you are not able to replace him outside the main transfer window ).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Vaz Te was good what he is like now very few know least of all posters on here.

Yeah, because the only club that would take him was Akhisar Belediyespor in Turkey and they would only stretch to a 6 month contract! He could have gone on a free in January to anyone that would take him!!

Vaz Te is your quintessential waste of space. The only person who has ever seen anything in him is Big Sam, and in 109 performances for Sam for both Bolton and West Ham he managed 18 goals.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Luckily it is against the rules to recall COG until January.

( The thinking behind this rule is that it is unfair to have a player recalled from your squad if you are not able to replace him outside the main transfer window ).

I am not au fait with the loan rules but thought they all included a recall if required after 28 days.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Yeah, because the only club that would take him was Akhisar Belediyespor in Turkey and they would only stretch to a 6 month contract! He could have gone on a free in January to anyone that would take him!!

Vaz Te is your quintessential waste of space. The only person who has ever seen anything in him is Big Sam, and in 109 performances for Sam for both Bolton and West Ham he managed 18 goals.

You have got to be a parody account!?

Not the first to wonder about that

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I always see talk of this mystery 20 goal a season striker, I would prefer goals being scored from all over the pitch take for example Reading if Blackman is closed out of a game they don't score no wins in five. We don't win heavily but we win even when our strikers fail to score which is a good thing as they will come good at some point.

Blackman is an interesting example. A 25 year old with 7 goals in 74 games for Reading prior to this season. Reading should be scoring with NSC favourite Vydra & Sa without Blackman in the team. Perhaps Balders or Hemed will find the golden touch like Blackman has done this season, Hemed could still get 20+.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
In yesterdays papers it said Bolton are hoping to sign Texiera from Liverpool on loan. Would be the ideal replacement for Baldock for 1 month.

Interesting.

Tex is Liverpool's 25 man squad. They cannot change this squad nomination until the January window.

Are Bolton talking about a loan now ( which I suggest is unlikely ), or a half season loan in the January window ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blackman is an interesting example. A 25 year old with 7 goals in 74 games for Reading prior to this season. Reading should be scoring with NSC favourite Vydra & Sa without Blackman in the team. Perhaps Balders or Hemed will find the golden touch like Blackman has done this season, Hemed could still get 20+.
This pointless debate would have a little more credibility if Baldock & Hemed were proper shitehouse, playing in a poor team, as we fans watch the confidence drain away. (Sound familiar?)

Instead some are hammering strikers for not taking the chances they are creating.

"Hey Tomer we're not sure you're up to it, so we've signed Ricardo Vas Te".

"I can't believe Tomer has taken exception, freakin prima donnas". :facepalm:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
2.5 times.

Correct (although the Brizzle one was a clear OG and we're not gonna mention it :lol:)

Hemed and Baldock's overall play this year has been very good. I think they suit eachother well - Baldock's movement is amongst the best in the league as is Hemed's hold up play. Fact is, neither seem to be natural finishers at the mo (we know Baldock certainly is capable of it - although only showed it in league 1.) We clearly need another high class striker to compete - Andre Gray would have been perfect but we lost out again to parachute payments. I think Tony will go for it in January though. May need to offload one or two for FFP reasons...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Correct (although the Brizzle one was a clear OG and we're not gonna mention it :lol:)

Hemed and Baldock's overall play this year has been very good. I think they suit eachother well - Baldock's movement is amongst the best in the league as is Hemed's hold up play. Fact is, neither seem to be natural finishers at the mo (we know Baldock certainly is capable of it - although only showed it in league 1.) We clearly need another high class striker to compete - Andre Gray would have been perfect but we lost out again to parachute payments. I think Tony will go for it in January though. May need to offload one or two for FFP reasons...

Yes, I suspect Chicksen and Holla may be moved if we can, and if we got any sort of bid for Crofts then we'd have to look at it seriously.

I'd hope we'd resist any other potential moves out.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am not au fait with the loan rules but thought they all included a recall if required after 28 days.
No, only 'emergency' 93 day loans. Full season loans can only be recalled in the January window.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes, I suspect Chicksen and Holla may be moved if we can, and if we got any sort of bid for Crofts then we'd have to look at it seriously.

I'd hope we'd resist any other potential moves out.

Crofts who has suddenly started looking an essential part of this squad!? Really? ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Crofts who has suddenly started looking an essential part of this squad!? Really? ???
Well I'd be in no hurry to ship him out, but a decent bid, given his age and contract status could be worth considering ???

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well I'd be in no hurry to ship him out, but a decent bid, given his age and contract status could be worth considering ???

You won't get any decent bids on a 31 year old who's had 2 ridiculously serious injuries in recent years so I wouldn't worry! Worth keeping IMO, and could be key as [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] says...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Indeed. And the French won a World Cup without a striker

(but I'd still rather we spent some money in January to bring one in...)
Well they left Cantona (and Ginola) behind, but they had Trezeguet, Dugarry and Henry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here