Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Always amazes me how quickly a player is deemed useless - if he hasnt scored a hatful in his first few games, he's "not good enough"....

He wasn't good enough before he came to us, not just because he hasn't scored a hatful in his first few games. To think he was our main striker target is a bit of a joke really, considering the silly money we got for Ulloa.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I'm not sure if this is 'in fairness' or not, but Mr Baldock hasn't actually been in position to strike the aforementioned cows derriere with any gardening implement.

I know it is early days but appears that Baldock is already suffering from 'CMS syndrome' i.e. the inability of the team to create consistent chances that actually play to the strengths of our speedy but diminutive forwards. There were a few encouraging signs when CMS and Baldock played together at Ipswich but sadly most balls to them were 'hit and hope' lumps forward or high/wild crosses that even Ulloa or Murray would struggle to reach. It is hardly surprising that these passes and crosses are comfortably dealt with by the opposition CBs. It does make you wonder what happens on the training ground that we consistently commit the same basic errors. No wonder it then creates additional pressures on the strikers to snatch at the odd chances they do get.

IMO we desperately need a play maker with the vision and skill to make defence splitting passes for CMS and Baldock to run onto. McCourt could be the man for the job, plus he carries a unique threat of his own - so I hope he now gets to start games.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Controversial but maybe because he couldn't hit a cows arse with a shovel.

He's barely had a chance to shoot so how you've come up with that is beyond me pal!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I know it is early days but appears that Baldock is already suffering from 'CMS syndrome' i.e. the inability of the team to create consistent chances that actually play to the strengths of our speedy but diminutive forwards. There were a few encouraging signs when CMS and Baldock played together at Ipswich but sadly most balls to them were 'hit and hope' lumps forward or high/wild crosses that even Ulloa or Murray would struggle to reach. It is hardly surprising that these passes and crosses are comfortably dealt with by the opposition CBs. It does make you wonder what happens on the training ground that we consistently commit the same basic errors. No wonder it then creates additional pressures on the strikers to snatch at the odd chances they do get.

IMO we desperately need a play maker with the vision and skill to make defence splitting passes for CMS and Baldock to run onto. McCourt could be the man for the job, plus he carries a unique threat of his own - so I hope he now gets to start games.

Yep, good post.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Blackpool game backs this up as well with loads of crosses which they would never have reached, but we are asking FB's to put the crosses over so can understand why the balls our so bad into the forwards

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

What he said. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here