Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock - worst signing since when?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Clearly a better player than CMS. Has been played out of position, onto his wrong foot alongside one of the worst link up players in BHA history (CMS). Put him in a system that works better to his strengths and hey presto. Anyone can see his footballing brain is more advanced than Macca's.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

e
Clearly a better player than CMS. Has been played out of position, onto his wrong foot alongside one of the worst link up players in BHA history (CMS). Put him in a system that works better to his strengths and hey presto. Anyone can see his footballing brain is more advanced than Macca's.

This. Absolutely this. Anyone who could not see that his basic footballing ability is better than CMS: I can only assume you don't go to games much. Baldock was excellent tonight, barring one missed chance. He worked his nuts off- which instantly puts him on a par with CMS- and scored a great goal. Which at one elevates him above the Eager One. When Baldock has played with another striker of note- an O'Grady, or even Best when he came on tonight, he's looked decent. It's not rocket science.

Baldock will come good for us, and hopefully tonight is the start of it. I've given up on CMS now. Four seasons is too far. We can't keep hoping forever that the next match is where his season starts.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I thought he was superb tonight, especially 1st half.
Only downside to playing him in that position is when we are under the cosh, as we were on Saturday, he looks out of his depth defensively.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Baldock lack of application and effort is a trifle disappointing.

Almost as disappointing is COG's whinging that he wants to return "up north". He has had fantastic support from the fans in recent games, is getting playing time now and has the opportunity to impress the new manager. If he loves it so much "up north" why move to us in the first place?

How did you enjoy your trifle tonight? How was the sponge? The fruit? The jelly, sir? Ohh, the custard? And the cream? And, finally, the toppings? Were they disappointing?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Sam Baldock - What exactly does he do?! :lol:

Excellent tonight. His goal was almost a carbon copy of that strike Dobbie put past Kuszczak last season for Blackpool. Although he was played out of position again his hold up and linking with the team was superb. Keep it up Sam.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
This thread has Ashley Barnes potential.

Baldock is a good player putting in a professional shift well out of position.

Loved the fainting goal celebration too.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This thread has Ashley Barnes potential.

Baldock is a good player putting in a professional shift well out of position.

Loved the fainting goal celebration too.

I really hope so. Would be great if he started banging them in on a regular basis now. The goal can only help his confidence and is a step on the road I proving many wrong, me included.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Baldock is quality, I can't understand why some people have been writing him off despite the fact he has been played out of position and has still looked good, he hasn't scored many but he's still impressed me whenever I've seen him. He is miles better than CMS without a doubt.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Just got. Home what great result we still need to make more noise we tried to get the boxes to Sing. What a good night we actual had some good shots on target well done boys. I would like to apologise to the fans below who we spilled drinks on it was an accident But you do need make more noise. Great result. 3-2. :bounce:

Dec 29, 2011

e

This. Absolutely this. Anyone who could not see that his basic footballing ability is better than CMS: I can only assume you don't go to games much. Baldock was excellent tonight, barring one missed chance. He worked his nuts off- which instantly puts him on a par with CMS- and scored a great goal. Which at one elevates him above the Eager One. When Baldock has played with another striker of note- an O'Grady, or even Best when he came on tonight, he's looked decent. It's not rocket science.

Baldock will come good for us, and hopefully tonight is the start of it. I've given up on CMS now. Four seasons is too far. We can't keep hoping forever that the next match is where his season starts.

Which begs the question, why was Burke sacked? Baldock is coming good and look great tonight. Lots of people are clamoring for O'grady to stay now, Holla had a decent - but somewhat quiet - game and Stockdale was solid. All Burke's signings. Plus Hughes who put in a great shift in CB and Teixeira who was the sponsor's MOTM.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Which begs the question, why was Burke sacked? Baldock is coming good and look great tonight. Lots of people are clamoring for O'grady to stay now, Holla had a decent - but somewhat quiet - game and Stockdale was solid. All Burke's signings. Plus Hughes who put in a great shift in CB and Teixeira who was the sponsor's MOTM.

Fair few poor or so-so ones too (Toko, Gardner, Rodriguez to name but three).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I was thinking this on the way home last night. It is only a few games but already we look a totally different proposition to the clueless rubbish served up under Hyypia. I think Bloom takes the most responsibility for the poor first half to the season.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Another great bounce. Two in two since I posted it. Keep it going Sam.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Tex a sami signing.
Kemi, Lita, Obika, Spanish Rod, Toko, Gary ****ing Gardner
Sacking the scout that found ulloa

Shall I go on? Ok I will

In the summer our recruitment was a shambles. It looked like with about ten days to go Casper would be no1 and our strike force CMS and Fenelon (Ogrady and stockdale hadnt signed at that point.

More? Ok then. The bloke was dour and dull as ditchwater and supposed to sell our club to potential signings, now love or loathe say Gus but at least you couldnt help but love the passion.

Even more? Ok Aspinall said himself after burke got the tin tack that scouts had identified players. Burke essentially ignored them.

Even more than that. Its like what have the romans done for us! Well you asked then. Mate was talking to a man city scout at fulham game. Burke wasnt very well respected there (albeit he IS good at academy building) either regarding players and was v surprised he got the job at the albion.

Those are reasons why he had to go.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

e

Perfectly put. The only thing I would like to see is when COG is challenging, Baldock, comes inside a little quicker so they work as a tandem. Wasted on the wing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here