Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baffled!

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
I can't remember a game that seems to have so divided the fans. Personally I thought the lads were superb yesterday, the first half performance being the best I have seen them play all season by far. Everyone in the ground bar 1 knows we had a cert pen turned down. 2 up against 10 men and totally controlling the game. We could and should have gone in at half time 0-4. The second half was more even, but we are now a passing team and some of the link up play was sublime. Dicker was involved in everything and he is forming a great partnership with Painter. Bennet looked like his old self and Navarro improves with every game. Dickinson was a handful upfront and Murray classy. Even the defence is now trying to pass the ball out. Harty was the natural sub for a game of that tempo and feistiness. Sure mistakes are still being made but this team is improving for sure week by week. This was a freak result and yet another kick in the teeth for the Albion. But trust me, we will get out of this by continuing to play the way we played yesterday.

If I am wrong why did the team get such an ovation at the end?? I have a very good feeling about the next 7 days. Some of the constant moaners should get off the team's back. They are on the way up!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That is an encouraging viewpoint. I haven't been to many games but it seems from afar that too many times we have failed to convert our chances whilst making just a few errors that are punished virtually everytime. The next few difficult games may just see that change, we have always been capable of suprising against the better teams. Good to know we continue to try and play football, it's been a long time since a Brighton team did that.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I can't remember a game that seems to have so divided the fans. Personally I thought the lads were superb yesterday, the first half performance being the best I have seen them play all season by far. Everyone in the ground bar 1 knows we had a cert pen turned down. 2 up against 10 men and totally controlling the game. We could and should have gone in at half time 0-4. The second half was more even, but we are now a passing team and some of the link up play was sublime. Dicker was involved in everything and he is forming a great partnership with Painter. Bennet looked like his old self and Navarro improves with every game. Dickinson was a handful upfront and Murray classy. Even the defence is now trying to pass the ball out. Harty was the natural sub for a game of that tempo and feistiness. Sure mistakes are still being made but this team is improving for sure week by week. This was a freak result and yet another kick in the teeth for the Albion. But trust me, we will get out of this by continuing to play the way we played yesterday.

If I am wrong why did the team get such an ovation at the end?? I have a very good feeling about the next 7 days. Some of the constant moaners should get off the team's back. They are on the way up!

Nice positive report. :)

Sadly contrasted with the shit we mostly have to endure at Withdean week in, week out. :(

Still let's hope your prediction of a good week pans out. :)

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I am an oldish bloke so probably shouldn't be posting on here,especially as mostly I can spell,and largely have a grasp of simple grammar.

I also do not have the cash to follow the Albion in the way I used to do.This year I have seen us lose at home to Stockport,Milton Keynes and Leeds United.The latter looked more like a first than a third division team.

Watching away has been somewhat different.A win at Southampton (OK,saw it on telly),singin' in the rain at Exeter,football on ice at Torquay,and the bad fans' ticket at Villa.

The team is truly improving.The football is improving.However, we are still a third division team - have been for a lot of our history - and as such can only attract third division footballers.My belief is that they are doing their best,that it is a much easier game to play when you are watching,and that the vast differences on the player ratings thread proves that you cannot please all the people all of the time.

But we are the Albion.No place for the nervous!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
However, we are still a third division team - have been for a lot of our history

This Tuesday when we play Huddesfield will be exactly 36 years to the day since my first Albion match. Out of interest I looked up the league table for the 73/74 season. We finished that season 19th in Football League Division 3 (for younger viewers, thats the same division we're in now).

36 years on, and right now I'd take a repeat finish.

:down:

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
The thing is, if the first half performance was the best you have seen all season and we only got a point, do the math.

At our best this season (with the possible exception of Southampton, which I did not go to) we have been mediocre. But even in our mediocrity, someone louses up big time and gifts the opposition a goal. For most of the season, we have been just plain awful. However you look at it. Not getting started in home games until we are 2 goals behind (eg Colchester); not being able to defend two goal leads (Yeovil); not being able to take control of games against poor opposition who are not up for it (Orient, Millwall at home).

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I thought we played very well. The left side is obviously an issue and if we can find a left winger on loan we will be very dangerous going forward. WE WONT GO DOWN, there are defo 4 teams worse than us.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I enjoyed the day out but it was yet another performance by our team where we gift them a goal and did not take all our chances. Yes, the ref was awful but that seems to be the norm these days. Sorry to say that although I obviously want us to avoid the drop, we are playing like a relegation team and have been for most of this season. Yes, we are playing more attractive football under Gus but we are not tough enough to control a match for 90 minutes. There is something lacking. Whether it's talent or lack of confidence then Gus has to sort it and time is beginning to run out.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
WE WONT GO DOWN, there are defo 4 teams worse than us.

Name them, please. The way I see it is that Wycombe and Stockport look nailed on. Gillingham seem to be going into freefall. And it may be that Tranmere will continue to be slightly more inconsistent than us. But I wouldn't put my house on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here