Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Backing Macca

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
CMS = Rabid Dog Chasing Balloon in Hurricane never an end product in any way.

TopCat

Jun 17, 2011
Hypothetical question as I'm aware of his contract.... how much would he be worth assuming a decent amount (over a year)left on his contract.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It is time to part company. He needs to move on. We need a bigger target man like an Ulloa or a Murray anyway, not a short arse.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
I'm sure he's a lovely guy, I'm sure he tries his hardest, I'm sure he wants the best for us. HOWEVER, I'm also quite sure he isn't good enough for us, it's a shame but it won't work out here.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think the truth of it is, we have all been overly DESPERATE for CMS to do well for us because of (a) the pricetag (b) the fact his attitude and workrate is first class, and (c) he's a nice guy with amazing hair.

Those three factors have afforded him the kind of leeway many other strikers here with as piss-poor a scoring rate as his would simply not have been allowed. The fact is, he arrived here as a high profile signing with a big pricetag after having scored bundles of goals elsewhere. That raised expectations massively. When he failed to live up to the pricetag, it became a source of embarrassment to us. Its a bit like blowing two and a half grand on a top-of-the-range 3D TV....but then realising that actually, the 3D ain't really all that. It still LOOKS nice in your living room, and because of the amount you lashed out on it you'd never admit this to your mates, but its actually pretty useless. And you've paid through the nose for it (whilst giving the perfectly decent flat screen you had to some gobby tosser up the road for NOTHING, just to make room for it).

Nice knowing you Craig. But I think its time to take a trip to Cash Converters and cut our losses.

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
Sad to say but the sooner he goes the better, The Club has tried to mould itself around him for 3 seasons and it hasn't worked under THREE managers so something is wrong, or not right, so offload and call it quits.

I thought he's done OK in some recent games, against Leeds he was very good, even against Wolves on Saturday he deserved credit for the build-up play that led to Bruno's goal. Tonight absolutely nothing went right for him and his confidence drained away. Best was OK in the second half and COG did his usual thing when he came on of being tidy but not threatening.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A striker who cannot control a ball has no place in the Championship.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
a1puppy.jpg

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
His goals per start when he was fit, and in form (12/13) wasn't too shabby.

2011/12 he scored 10 goals in 43 starts.
2012/13 he scored 11 goals in 26 starts. < The kind of strike rate we need
2013/14 he scored 0 goals in 0 starts.
2014/15 he has scored 2 goals in 17 starts.

Unfortunately, the most he's started this season in a row is 4 games, and strikers need games to get their eye in. He's not been given that since he ruptured his Achilles.

If you look further into those stats you'll find the real CMS hiding in the 2012/13 season too, he scored 9 in the first 11 games, which is fantastic (penalties included), but then managed 2 in the following 16 starts. The bloke is pants, he's had 1 purple patch and that's it it, it's a shame because he's clearly a nice bloke and doesn't lack effort, he just lacks ability.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
His goals per start when he was fit, and in form (12/13) wasn't too shabby.

2011/12 he scored 10 goals in 43 starts.
2012/13 he scored 11 goals in 26 starts. < The kind of strike rate we need
2013/14 he scored 0 goals in 0 starts.
2014/15 he has scored 2 goals in 17 starts.

Unfortunately, the most he's started this season in a row is 4 games, and strikers need games to get their eye in. He's not been given that since he ruptured his Achilles.

So in the 2013/14 season there wasn't a game that he started that he did not score in. That's impressive.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Sorry ..If you got points for effort CMS is your man....but in this game it`s points for scoring more than opposition....as Striker his job is to score/make goals...he simply is not doing this and in my opinion should go...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Top bloke, works hard, runs a lot but I'm getting worried hughton is going to give him a new contract. Playing him ahead of O'Grady (same amount of goal threat, minimal, but offers a lot more in his hold up play) is bad enough, but to throw more money away on a league 1 striker would be mad.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
But what is the likelihood of him being gone in the summer anyway ?
We were all desperate for him to stay when "that ******* Hughton" tried to sign him for Norwich so he obviously rated him at that time
Now that "nice Chris Hughton" is in charge at the Amex (and we assume that he still thinks CMS will do a job) is he not likely to try and keep him ?

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
CMS = headless chicken (running around not knowing where he is, let alone his team mates or even less the goal...)

Get rid.

when PIG was at the club he said he was our best player and was amazing at closing down and messing up the opposition's shape, and his overall finishing was miles better than barnes.

might not mean anything now, but interesting hearing opinions from somebody who is far better at football than the average fan, and sees far more of their footballing ability day to day

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here