Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back Four next week

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I think if a couple of them played, you are right. However, playing all of them would be classed as that. I think Ulloa, Buckley and Lopez (depending on the RB situation) may be given a rest but we can bring in Bridcutt, LuaLua and Vicente for them, which is not weakening too much. However, we have to be careful we don't rest too many and all six of those playing would be going too far.

Also, it would be great to go into the play offs on the back of 3 consecutive wins and a 9 match unbeaten run. I think momentum is a huge thing with the play offs and often the form team is the one who wins.

Far too much common sense for one post, can you ease off a bit please?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we need to rest Kuszczak, Bridcutt Bridge Buckley Lopez and possibly Ulloa and one of the central defenders either Greer or Upson and to bring in Ankergren Crofts El Abd Lua Lua and Vicente couldnt be described as weakening the side. Could always give Vicente 45 mins then bring on JFC

Spoon

May 31, 2009
I know he was out on loan, would he be able to play for us now?

I was under the impression he was on a one-month loan as was reported and he left on March 18th with no mention of an extension, yet he made his 3rd appearance at Bury yesterday. So would assume he isn't available to us then

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I'd play 3 at the back with Lopez & Orlandi wing backs, it suits the circumstances and gives any scouts from playoff opponents something to think about formation wise rather than the four we usually play

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm leaning towards this too but momentum going into the playoffs is vital. Winning against Wolves is important whatever the Palace result. Whether it's important enough to risk players or not is another question.

We have to risk them.. Momentum going into the play-offs is vital. Any other result against Wolves than a win, and doubts could start to set in.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Wolves are so crap I think we should play 3 at the back and attack them big time...

How about:

TK

GG
MU
LD

LB

DL
RV
AO

WB
LU
KLL

!!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Is Calderon out for two games? Also any news about Bruno? Are we saying we'll have to play Spanish Dave against Zaha in the first leg? Hmmmm

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Dunk is due for his retrial at the Old Bailey 3 days after the Wolves match. Gus would have to be pretty sure that his head was in the right place to play him IMO

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
El-Abd----Greer----Upson----Painter

El-Abd could probably do with a game to keep his fitness up. We could end up needing him in the play-offs. And Bridge hasn't been 100% for ages so him having another game off would be good.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Maksimenko on loan to Yeovil is he there for the play offs or coming back to us. If he is coming back perhaps try him at left back if Palace dont win Tuesday. Back four could be El Abd Ince Dunk Maksimenko.
Maksimenko is a left sided centre back. Not quite sure why you would want him to make his debut out of position in a match the opposition needs to win to stay up.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Painter - no thanks - a liability

I think I read on twitter that we haven't conceded once in the 5 hours or so he's been on the pitch for us this season. :whistle:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Quote Originally Posted by Super Steve Earle View Post
Maksimenko is a left sided centre back. Not quite sure why you would want him to make his debut out of position in a match the opposition needs to win to stay up.

Thats not what was said when he signed it was said that he plays anywhere down the left either full back or midfield but can also play centre back.

But it's what he said when I asked him!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Strongest option would be David but I wouldn't be surprised if Gus gave someone from the dev squad a go, such a Theo Jones. I also expect Painter to be left back.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He has to say that but then if a sickness virus hit the club this week after Tuesday nights results things could change
:lol: there's a lot of it about

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here