Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Baby murder nurse case

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Odd to say i know but photos of her don't look like a child murderer. I mean they never look like monsters, killers mostly are bland and banal, but she looks.... kind. As ever, can't judge a book by it's cover (whether she's innocent or guilty). Shocking crime to be accused of.

I've always found this really interesting. On the news they regularly roll out a neighbour or acquaintance of a paedo/murderer for a generic "he was always very polite, I never expected this" comment.

The thinking seems to be that people who do abhorrent things will be abhorrent in every facet of their lives, which is just wrong. Psychopaths are often intelligent, articulate and charming.

I think people just want to be presented with a binary choice of good or evil.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Then use that thread as a platform to 'discuss' racism.

I suppose we all have different ways of trying to unravel such a terrible situation. I can feel an element of sexism though in the sense that had it been a male, I would probably have piled in a bit more. That is not to downplay anything.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You missed the most important one........the dead babies were white. Dead black babies matter much more, and even more so if they can be photographed (say) washed up on a coastline.

Had they been black we would have a campaign by footballers, tv celebrities, tv specials, a cenotaph, and football matches would be proceeded by the players curling up in a foetal position on the pitch as a sign of solidarity.

I’m disappointed, I thought you knew better.

You'll be disappointed with that post. And possibly ashamed, though I won't hold my breath

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You missed the most important one........the dead babies were white. Dead black babies matter much more, and even more so if they can be photographed (say) washed up on a coastline.

Had they been black we would have a campaign by footballers, tv celebrities, tv specials, a cenotaph, and football matches would be proceeded by the players curling up in a foetal position on the pitch as a sign of solidarity.

An awful post.

Even if you’re being rhetorical, how do you know the race/ethnicity of the lost babies?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Over the years on this site I have seen many posts I have been shocked by or disagreed with.

That one - I can't even find an emotion in my vocabulary to describe it.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I’ve no idea why this particular case has generated so little reaction on NSC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-54930233

Is it due to becoming desensitised to such things? That seems improbable given that the charge is the murder of eight babies and attempt to do the same to ten more.

Is it because the story has become squeezed by personality politics (Trump, Cummings) and events? (Someone dropping out of Strictly had more air time on the BBC 6pm news last night than this case).

It’s not a criticism of anyone here, but given the (rightful) headlines in relation to the death of Peter Sutcliffe and the terrible things he did this case seems to have slipped under the radar and provoke little reaction.

In my case, it’s simply that it’s a case in progress and judgement hasn't yet been pronounced.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea

One for this poster to reflect on I think.....

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

After years of teetering on the edge this poster has finally slipped into the abyss

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've always found this really interesting. On the news they regularly roll out a neighbour or acquaintance of a paedo/murderer for a generic "he was always very polite, I never expected this" comment.

The thinking seems to be that people who do abhorrent things will be abhorrent in every facet of their lives, which is just wrong. Psychopaths are often intelligent, articulate and charming.

I think people just want to be presented with a binary choice of good or evil.

I agree. I watched a recent documentary on Harold Shipman, and how he groomed his patients with kindness, and that nobody would believe he was capable of what he did. That's how he got away with it for decades,

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

Sadly, your post has only served to prove the point [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] was making. A perfect example of how satire (his use of, not yours) can sometimes be a more accurate reflection of reality than it really should be.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

Presumably, you've set out to be as offensive as possible

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Jesus.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008

even im struggling to put this down as bantz

Regards

DF

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sadly, your post has only served to prove the point [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] was making. A perfect example of how satire (his use of, not yours) can sometimes be a more accurate reflection of reality than it really should be.

I can guess the sort of faded-brain nonsense he's written. Why does he bother to reply when he must know I have him on ignore? The antichrist version of virtue-signaling I presume. :shrug:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Horrible post.
Reported.

Anyway, back to the case. We’ve just moved to the area so will likely be following coverage on regional news.

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Nah. Thanks though.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Wow. That took a bit of time type out too, and not once did you think, nah, that's a bit much, *delete*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here