Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Azure need to booted out.

Sep 1, 2010
no worries, i didn't mention it and didn't really want to get involved in it on here at the moment, but you sucked me in and steam was coming out of my ears so i had to let the pressure out a bit before my head exploded!!

:lolol:

Breaking News: Mouldy Boots gets wrong pie after queueing for 20 mins

scanners4.jpg

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Dear Azure, BHA, whoever..

isnt there enough space outside the stadium, for a few extra food concession stalls?

Sure there are PLENTY of Brighton, Hove. Sussex firms with GREAT locally sourced food, to keep the fans fed and ease the crush inside..

#PIEGATE starts here!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
isnt there enough space outside the stadium, for a few extra food concession stalls?

Sure there are PLENTY of Brighton, Hove. Sussex firms with GREAT locally sourced food, to keep the fans fed and ease the crush inside..

#PIEGATE starts here!

I think a few outside hot drinks stalls would be very appreciated in the winter.

The club said this was prohibited by the council I think?

Sep 1, 2010
The club said this was prohibited by the council I think?

Really, good grief. What kind of decision is that. What possible effect would have on anything? Loads of people outside having a few cigs before they go in, Okay, not something the club like but a reality all the same. Better to have a few quid generated by coffee/tea/Bovril sales at one or two points around the stadium.

TigheRade

Feb 3, 2012
The service is too slow for one thing. No pace about the workers at all. They are not serving cocktails, its merely pour a pint, hand a pie over, take cash or swipe card. Has anyone ever seen a member of staff there rushing? I certainly have not.

Just getting the service faster would help with ques.

Far too often there is a lack of pies, ale or something else. Someone with a view on customer service needs to give the place a shake up.

I am not all negative, the pies are good and at least the pints are under £4. For now......

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

#PIEGATE starts here!

I think Azure have the rights once you are on the Amex site, so it will be up to them.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Richard Hebberd on the possibility of catering vans outside the stadium. The Albion Roar, 8 Oct 2011:

"No plans to do that at the moment. One thing is we promised the neighbours we wouldn't do that. The main reason is that we have an evacuation plan, an emergency escape plan that needs that room that's out there. If there was ever an incident at, say, Falmer Station - that would be the area to which we evacuate people. So at the moment we have no plans. We are constantly looking at what we can and can't do to try and improve the experience. It is something we've looked at, and it's something at present we don't plan to do."

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to a reply I received from the chap TLO suggested we emailed catering vans are not permitted on our license but variations can be applied for if required that is not to say that they will or wont apply. I suggested that Azure run catering vans outside of the actual stadium as Reading do very succesfully, not just let any burger van pull up and trade as happens outside of the station. They are reasonable but exceptionally slow to serve customers and cannot cook many at a time so could not cope with a large number of customers but the owners is probably happy earning what he does..

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is the same burger van every week outside Falmer station, suggest you have an eye test.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is the same burger van every week outside Falmer station, suggest you have an eye test.

I know that but he is not from a large company just a one man band. I could probably tell you who he gets his burgers from and the price he pays but it wouldnt be fair to him. Good luck to him he is probably happy with what he earns but it is not the same as Azure having 6 top range caravan type vans able to cope with many many more fans like Reading do, which could be strategically placed to cover all areas and approaches to the stands.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I could probably tell you who he gets his burgers from and the price he pays but it wouldnt be fair to him.

Go on. Tell us you big TEASE.

Does he get them from the same place as the hippy kebab shop owner who runs the place off the M6?
:smokin:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
You could get served at the Withdean though

Yeah, no queues for that fayre! That wasn't siomething to celebrate though was it. On many an occasional, I walked away from there with the "veggie option" of a tray of raw potato / chips / burnt fat all trying to look like the same product, smothered in mustard sauce by me to try and give it some flavour, thinking "am I REALLY this hungry? I must start eating on the way to games."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here