Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Azure need to booted out.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You say 28 mins per pie TLO, the first 2 or 3 i had were piping hot since then most are warm (and you left wondering have they been cooked properly) have they cut cooking time or something to get an extra 120 pies cooked?

28 mins per batch. They're par-cooked at Piglet's Pantry before being sent over to the ground. The ovens at the ground are 'state-of-the-art', apparently. I guess is depends how long after they came out of the oven you got yours.

The original idea of having them all prepared and baked at the stadium had to be thrown out when they realised the numbers required actually made it unfeasible. Because they're hand-made, they take all week to prepare. The only thing not done by hand is the 'crimping'.

You'd have to listen to Jo from Piglet's Pantry on yesterday's Albion Roar for the exact production and cooking methods.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
28 mins per batch. They're par-cooked at Piglet's Pantry before being sent over to the ground. The ovens at the ground are 'state-of-the-art', apparently. I guess is depends how long after they came out of the oven you got yours.

The original idea of having them all prepared and baked at the stadium had to be thrown out when they realised the numbers required actually made it unfeasible. Because they're hand-made, they take all week to prepare. The only thing not done by hand is the 'crimping'.

You'd have to listen to Jo from Piglet's Pantry on yesterday's Albion Roar for the exact production and cooking methods.

But you'll have to wait at least 28 minutes before it is uploaded onto iTunes ;)

Sep 1, 2010
I had a Bovri yesterday pre-match.........it must of been a trillion degrees. Warmed the cockles though. To be honest, there are always going to be teething problems with such a large amount of ppl to cater for but it is still quite good overall. I go to the Amex first and foremost for the match. If you are that pissed off with it don't eat anything at the stadium then, just have a few pints/hot drink.

However, if people just moan about it without giving the club/Azure any or the right feedback then it is unlikely to improve that much. I had to go for the veggie option after the Newcastle match, it was okay-ish with a bit of a zing to it. Certainly was not going to ruin my post match pint and celebration of our win.

D

Deleted member 2719

Ok i just feel something in the system seems to have changed as first 3 hot last 6 warm.suppose it could be just unlucky.

Not got a lot of respect for Piglets or Azure not sure who is at fault yet but one doesn't communicate and the other is dragging there heels (this is a totally different issue to warm pies). in something that is cut and dried. They need to sort it out soon as my patience is wearing very thin.

D

Deleted member 2719

However, if people just moan about it without giving the club/Azure any or the right feedback then it is unlikely to improve that much. I had to go for the veggie option after the Newcastle match, it was okay-ish with a bit of a zing to it. Certainly was not going to ruin my post match pint and celebration of our win.

As i have said earlier in the thread that have had more than enough feed back from me and bugger all done yet.

Sep 1, 2010
As i have said earlier in the thread that have had more than enough feed back from me and bugger all done yet.

That may seem the case but any issues are not always going to be sorted or improved straight away depending on the complaint. I am sure over a period of time they will look at the bigger picture and prioritise any of the bigger issues. Without having a dig at any comment here as this is not meant that way but looking at what we have fought for all these years i find the pie/pint issue a blip in comparison to what our new home is overall

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Half time pies in North Stand were good and hot, but took 15 minutes to get served despite leaving 4 minutes before the end of the first half!

This. Normally buy from the north,west end kiosk and they are normally pretty good, but yesterday it was shocking. I normally go at ht to get a pie and am back in my seat with it by the start of the 2nd half, but yeterday i missed the first 5 mins of the second half! I have noticed a decline lately, they were slow at the newcastle game awell. Still good quality pies though. (steak)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yesterday in WSU it was appalling.

waited 20 minutes to get to the front which i expect at halftime yesterday for this:

Can I have a hot dog plz?

er no, we havent any.

Can I have a cheeseburger then,

er, no we havent got any.

Ill have a chicken pie then

er, we havent got any of them either. All we have are steak pies.

I felt like saying, why the f*** didnt you tell me at the beginning, but I didnt. I said

Ill just have a bar of chocolate then

Sorry, we dont have any!!!

f***ing useless, period!

if the food and drink was free, then you couldnt complain about the service but its not, its paid for by hard earned cash and time queueing for f*** all.

Sorry, but IMHO anybody daft enough to queue for 20 minutes at one of these wretched outlets gets what they deserve. Which is invariably nothing.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Try the swan better food better beer.

D

Deleted member 2719

That may seem the case but any issues are not always going to be sorted or improved straight away depending on the complaint. I am sure over a period of time they will look at the bigger picture and prioritise any of the bigger issues. Without having a dig at any comment here as this is not meant that way but looking at what we have fought for all these years i find the pie/pint issue a blip in comparison to what our new home is overall

I have no doubt that it is a hard job that they have to do, but what i can't abide is people not communicating and worst of all not acting on an issue that they are responsible for and that costs me the customer. They have admitted fault and not done bugger all to sort it.

I won't give more detail at present thou after all i am trying to be fair to them.

Sep 1, 2010
I have no doubt that it is a hard job that they have to do, but what i can't abide is people not communicating and worst of all not acting on an issue that they are responsible for and that costs me the customer. They have admitted fault and not done bugger all to sort it.

I won't give more detail at present thou after all i am trying to be fair to them.

The communication and that also between you and Azure is important so they have obviously not got up to scratch there. I think ultimately things will improve but to me it is a little side issue as the footie is the priority and if Azure were picking the team THEN i would be pissed off.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Try the swan better food better beer.

We made that decision yesterday after the worst dried up piece of shit pie I've ever eaten ... the Swan from now on

That's highly possible as a pub doesn't have to deal with such mass catering and a very rapid turnover of food.

As for the grizzling about the pies, I suspect the problem might not necessarily be the pies...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ok i just feel something in the system seems to have changed as first 3 hot last 6 warm.suppose it could be just unlucky.

Not got a lot of respect for Piglets or Azure not sure who is at fault yet but one doesn't communicate and the other is dragging there heels (this is a totally different issue to warm pies). in something that is cut and dried. They need to sort it out soon as my patience is wearing very thin.

So why have you not got any respect for either party when, by your own admission, you don't know where any perceived problem lies?

D

Deleted member 2719

The communication and that also between you and Azure is important so they have obviously not got up to scratch there. I think ultimately things will improve but to me it is a little side issue as the footie is the priority and if Azure were picking the team THEN i would be pissed off.

You are right it is a side issue but when it cost me £500 due to their mistake it goes up the scale a bit.

D

Deleted member 18477

surely as soon as the game begins more hot food is in the ovens straight away? surely?... OH!

and surely they would think about having some staff who simply walk around and hand out pies in exchange for cash to help shorten the queues of the actual refreshments bar?... OH!

D

Deleted member 2719

So why have you not got any respect for either party when, by your own admission, you don't know where any perceived problem lies?

Said too much on here already i would prefer them just to sort the issue and everyone is happy.

I am off for dinner now.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Indeed they do. So why are they bleating about it on here? Speak to Azure or the club.

Maybe there should be a 'Complaints about the food/service' sticky where all these dissatisfied customers can share their complaints with their own kind leaving the rest of us free from the same stuff being said game after game.

My wife and daughter queued all half time to buy three hot chocolates (because it was bloody cold in the north stand). Its the first time we have attempted to buy anything at half time.

Anyway whilst queuing they were in front of a couple of blokes with a clip board who were chatting and they were taking notes for presentation to Martin Perry. I seemed they were there offically.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here