Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Azure need to booted out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside I was speaking to a friend of a friend who works for the caterers who have the Wembley contract. He said that Millwall supporters officially hold the record for the most money spent in a single minute at the stadium. He also said Bolton were the most racist. The latter is an unofficial title I presume.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Had a couple of girls on my bus back and they were chatting together. Obviously work in the catering points and seem they have to suffer a fair amount of abuse each match which, to be fare, ain't really fare is it?

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
I really cannot understand how people get so wound up about the food at The Amex. It's a football match, not a night out at a restaurant. I buy a pie and a drink at pretty much every match, but if they don't have any I don't give a shit. I don't plan my daily intake of food around a visit to a football stadium. Go for two hours without eating, eat before you go, it's not difficult. Stop boring everyone to death with shit stories about queues and stock levels.

I take it you don`t run a business that requires any return custom then??! For fucks sake, how hard is it to make sure there`s enough equipment and produce for each outlet for each game.

Yesterday in WSU it was appalling.

waited 20 minutes to get to the front which i expect at halftime yesterday for this:

Can I have a hot dog plz?

er no, we havent any.

Can I have a cheeseburger then,

er, no we havent got any.

Ill have a chicken pie then

er, we havent got any of them either. All we have are steak pies.

I felt like saying, why the f*** didnt you tell me at the beginning, but I didnt. I said

Ill just have a bar of chocolate then

Sorry, we dont have any!!!

f***ing useless, period!

if the food and drink was free, then you couldnt complain about the service but its not, its paid for by hard earned cash and time queueing for f*** all.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Each of the ovens cooks 120 pies for 28 minutes a session. That is the way the kiosks operate. It's obvious that that is not enough because the original tender for pies at the Amex was for 2,500 pies per match - and at that time that was considered over-generous. No-one foresaw that 8,500 pies needed to be sold - apart from a few smartarses on here who use the benefit of hindsight merely to hold everyone at the club in contempt.

During the close season the kiosks will be upgraded with new hardware to cater for this demand.

It really is like complaining about the traffic when you're sitting in your car. It's a 'victim' of its own success. Incidentally, there are still some people who are convinced the pies are microwaved.

How many ovens do they have? I only ask because the logical answer it for each kiosk to report how many they have just after kick off so that more could be cooked to bring up to a certain level in time for half time and the same again during the 2nd half.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I nearly took my veggy pie back it was crap. It didn`t have any meat in it at all.

judewri

Oct 7, 2003
west sussex
just like to add that the 1901 catering ( snacks ) is no better.

started to do hot dogs a few matches ago, but suddenly yesterday not available with no reason why,

but the worst thing is the half time scrum for a cup of coffee... queue queue queue , and when you do get coffee its another scrum for the milk which always without fail runs out before most people have got to it.

its a nightmare and can't see it being sorted any time soon.

nice warm lounge though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sussexcc

Feb 5, 2012
I agree

I completely agree with you. They give the kiosks to little food and every customer always is complaining. The staff get shouted at by the customers when it isnt technically there fault it is whoever is meant to be supplying the correct amount of food to each kiosk.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
sorry but it can be sorted in seconds bring in a mobile hot cupboard and cook half an hour earlier, three batches to hand instead of two simples .

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I completely agree with you. They give the kiosks to little food and every customer always is complaining. The staff get shouted at by the customers when it isnt technically there fault it is whoever is meant to be supplying the correct amount of food to each kiosk.

Isn't technically their fault?? It isn't their fault at all. It's appalling that the staff are getting shouted out FULL STOP.

The food / service has to be better than it was at Withdean surely? Of course it isn't going to be perfect from the first season but I'm sure they have realised to work on it. If you guys are really that bothered then complain to the club, not here, and take your own food if you're really that offended!!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
How many ovens do they have? I only ask because the logical answer it for each kiosk to report how many they have just after kick off so that more could be cooked to bring up to a certain level in time for half time and the same again during the 2nd half.

One per kiosk.

They are in constant use throughout matchdays.

They have to time them right at the start. Cook them too early and they go slightly soggy if left in the box too long (this is where many people think that it's because they've gone in the microwave - and start howling).

D

Deleted member 2719

Each of the ovens cooks 120 pies for 28 minutes a session. That is the way the kiosks operate. It's obvious that that is not enough because the original tender for pies at the Amex was for 2,500 pies per match - and at that time that was considered over-generous. No-one foresaw that 8,500 pies needed to be sold - apart from a few smartarses on here who use the benefit of hindsight merely to hold everyone at the club in contempt.

During the close season the kiosks will be upgraded with new hardware to cater for this demand.

It really is like complaining about the traffic when you're sitting in your car. It's a 'victim' of its own success. Incidentally, there are still some people who are convinced the pies are microwaved.

You say 28 mins per pie TLO, the first 2 or 3 i had were piping hot since then most are warm (and you left wondering have they been cooked properly) have they cut cooking time or something to get an extra 120 pies cooked?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here