Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ayr Hospital surgeon amputated leg with 'rusty hacksaw'

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-32865032

"The source added: "The saw was sterilised by soaking in some disinfectant solution and the surgeon proceeded to complete the amputation after cutting through the metal plate.

Scottish Conservatives health spokesman Jackson Carlaw said: "This is simply incredible - an indescribable way to treat any patient.

Ann Gow, the board's interim nurse director, said in a statement: "NHS Ayrshire and Arran is currently conducting a significant adverse event review (SAER) into a recent incident within University Hospital Ayr, where standard procedures were not followed."

Where was it said that it was rusty (other than the claim in the first article) and where is the proof? It was called 'old stock'. Do the Nhs have a rust yard?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Where was it said that it was rusty (other than the claim in the first article) and where is the proof? It was called 'old stock'. Do the Nhs have a rust yard?

Well thats the only place where it says it was rusty is the title, and I doubt they have a rust yard

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
If I was having my leg chopped off I'd rather they got on with it instead of fannying about while I bled to death.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop - Robert Hughes

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
If I was having my leg chopped off I'd rather they got on with it instead of fannying about while I bled to death.

This. No-where is it specified what the actual procedure is in these circumstances. One suspects that it is to abandon the operation.

This. No-where is it specified what the actual procedure is in these circumstances. One suspects that it is to abandon the operation.

That's what happened to Roz at the Princess Royal Hospital when she was anaesthetised for a thumb replacement operation when the surgeon discovered that there was no sterile plastic thumb bone anywhere in Haywards Heath.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here