Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Awful Music You have heard and had to put up with

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Anything to do with baby sharks or sausage rolls....

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Working in occupied houses the homeowners sometimes have their radio on, I enjoy some background music and don’t mind Radio 2 and Radio 4 doesn’t really bother me.
One radio station I really dislike is Heart FM and one house I worked in for 3 days had Heart on all day.
At the time Ed Sheeran was constantly on the radio with the really annoying Gallway Girl, to say I f***** hate this song with a passion is an understatement :angry:

No matter what time of day you turn Heart on ,you'll hear a Queen track within 5 songs. Dirge.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The Fvcking Lighthouse Family must have discovered something serious on someone high up at the BBC.

Can be the only explanation for their crap to be played almost daily on Local Radio. :sick:

Would like them to be Lifted all right, I would happily supply the Noose.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Modern stuff my daughter listens to where all the singers have put on deep voices and sound like they are constantly out of breath. I'd given example but they all sound exactly the same.

Oh and Elbow. Cannot stand them.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
5 hours trapped in a taxi in Venezuela, driving through precipitous mountain roads in a rainforest, but in total darkness. Occasionally the lights of a village would appear through the trees, far, far below. That was nothing, the bloody driver played the same cd the entire time - Abba in Spanish!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
:rave:

Loved King Kurt, though they did ask security to throw me out for being too old. They were regulars at the Croydon Underground. I still have the Ban The Whale t-shirt.

I had that t-shirt and when it was sweat soaked and ripped I cut it out and stuck on the back of my flight jacket.

They go for good money now to Japan as much as £60

Great band live, supposed to be playing Brighton Easter

Attachments

• 9E6DD89C-9A65-4274-8F35-031F09583475.jpeg
    9E6DD89C-9A65-4274-8F35-031F09583475.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 78

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Years ago while working in retail there was a song on the instore mix. I think it was by Lemon Jelly. It just repeated “all the duck are swimming in the water tra la la la la la” over and over. I used to leave the shop in the end. It drove me crackers.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Back in 1987, DJing at the Pink Elephant, Magalluf, I played an unknown song by John Anderson called Sing The Mood. It was just an impromptu moment where all the bar staff picked up plastic trumpets, blow up guitars & other stuff and put on a show. From then on we done it every hour, 6 times a night, 7 nights a week, 52 weeks of the year and for around 5 years.
A couple of years later the tune was the main soundtrack to Jive Bunny by which time I'd grown to hate it, but still put on the show.
As a side, made a lot of money selling music tapes with this track on, no one else had ever heard the record.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOp25HFne7c

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Took a then GF to see her favourite band at the time, UB 40, I wasn't a fan when I went, about 2 hours 20 minutes and two encores later I hated them.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I can’t stand anything by Michael Buble or any music in that style. I also can’t stand Golden Brown by the stranglers or any song by the proclaimers walk 500 mile and duck off. My husband liked absolute radio and they seems obsessed with Oasis, can’t stand the nasally *unts and their overrated mediocre songs.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I spent 6 months in ROmania working in1999 . . .livin lovida loca by Ricky MArtin

FFS . .every 3rd record in the club ( there was only one) and the bars I hated it first time I heard it.

I listen to R6M most of the day, but if I don't get to work early enough someone always puts virgin radio on. Now thats what I call Shyte 1990's . AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here