Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Awesome Amex photo

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Great picture! But he cheated. Disqualified.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Don't like it - too fake. Jack Straw, Everest and others have taken better photos.

FAIL!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Expert witness required.

I saw a TV prog years ago all about rainbows - the arc height is depenent on your global latitude position - I think it was steep on the equator and dead flat on the poles.

An expert could measure the rainbow arc in the picture (which does look very steep to my untrained eye] and confirm this rainbow is not from round these parts ....

RICK

Jan 21, 2011
I can shed some light on this photo!
The rainbow is not a fake. It was actually there when the photo was taken.
The photo was taken from quite some distance away (Near Ditchling Road) and a lot of zoom was used. This is why the rainbow appears to be a lot wider than it would be in normal vision.
Some sofware enhancing was carried out with 'Paint Shop Pro' not 'Photoshop'. Contrast and colour saturation were enhanced (maybe slightly overdone) and the seagull was added.

How do I know all this?
I took the photo !

Glad some people liked it.
Rick.

Sent it to the ARGUS but I think there is a big black hole in that building where stuff goes in and never comes back out !

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Great Picture fellas. I've used it as my wallpaper if you don't mind.

Some of the reactions to this picture are just hilarious. Half baked, half cocked, half intelligent pseudo experts on every and any subject.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Great effort. I loved the photo before I even noticed the seasgull, so I think it's a bit of a shame that was added afterwards, as it didn't need it. But top effort none the less.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If you all think it's fake, then I can confirm that...

this is fake, and as it looks nothing like the other one, then that one must be real.

Attachments

• Amex rainbow.jpg
    Amex rainbow.jpg
    626.5 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Isn't it further ammunition for opposing fans, for us to have a massive rainbow outside a Brighton-based stadium?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here