[Albion] Away to Man Utd now scheduled

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
says on both ours and Mau United's website that its on BT is that incorrect as I believed we can't have PL games on TV when champions league games are on ?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
says on both ours and Mau United's website that its on BT is that incorrect as I believed we can't have PL games on TV when champions league games are on ?

It's not listed on BT Sport's own list

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It’s shown on the Premier League official site as a BT Sport match. It would be highly unusual for that to be incorrect.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
When I went on just after 9 today, there were a lot of seats already blanked out that would not have been sold already due to their location, e.g whole rows near the front (for players' comps?) and on the end of every row in Block 230. Then there were 1101 seats available, now there are 609 left. So 492 sold so far, plus whatever was done in the first few minutes.

Will do well to take 1500

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It’s shown on the Premier League official site as a BT Sport match. It would be highly unusual for that to be incorrect.

I think technically it is, as it was a BT sport match before the postponement.

Could still show it alongside both CL games I guess as they have enough channels.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's not on TV, do we know why it's at that time?

No, but my suspicion is that it suits quite a few markets to be a bit later. 20.15 is 12.15 in LA for lunchtimes, 15.15 in NY, 04.15 in Hong Kong. If they got to say a 21.15 KO eventually, suddenly you're getting close to after work across much of the US, and closer to waking up time in Asia. Not that I'm cynical...:p

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
No, but my suspicion is that it suits quite a few markets to be a bit later. 20.15 is 12.15 in LA for lunchtimes, 15.15 in NY, 04.15 in Hong Kong. If they got to say a 21.15 KO eventually, suddenly you're getting close to after work across much of the US, and closer to waking up time in Asia. Not that I'm cynical...:p
Doubt it !!!

It's not popular in states. Sure I read somewhere that NBC only gets 500k viewers per match. Asia on the other hand has a massive audience and 8.15pm is Terrible for them

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Doubt it !!!

It's not popular in states. Sure I read somewhere that NBC only gets 500k viewers per match. Asia on the other hand has a massive audience and 8.15pm is Terrible for them

So you have to ask yourself, if it's not on UK TV as stated above, why the 20.15 ko?

Any time between 7pm - 8pm is pretty bad for the far east, but 9pm ko suddenly starts to get towards just an early morning rather than middle of the night. It's creeping out so we get used to it. I don't ever remember 20.15 kos, used to be 19.45 were the latest, then it's crept out to 8pm, now 8.15pm...slowly slowly catchy monkey...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well the Stats are off to Old Trafford.

Not been since Clive Walker tore them a new one and Paul McCarthy should have scored from a corner.

Has it changed much?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So why is it an 8.15ko?

Sorry, I didn't ask that bit!

My best uninformed guess would be that by having an 8:15 kick-off slot the game is demoted behind the Champions League games that night, both of which kick-off at 8pm.

So, in the markets that have both CL and PL fixtures televised, people will have already started watching a CL game and are less likely to flick over for the Premier League game.

It's just a guess though, as I can't think of anything else!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports