Away tickets advice needed

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jan 13, 2010
Bedfordshire
I attend about 15 matches a season but due to cost and living in the Midlands most of these are away games (more fun anyway)

Now 18,500 season ticket holders didn't stop me getting a ticket for Doncaster - but they will stop me going to any decent away game.

My question is....

Can I use someone elses season ticket number and password to get online and buy an away ticket using my credit card (I can't ask anyone to give me their card details) Basically it's an issue of the cards address being diferrent to the season ticket holders address where the ticket would be sent.

Anyone know the answer (before I start crawling to season ticket holders I know on Saturday!)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Sure that will be no problem. But you wont need to do that anyway, anyone who wants an away ticket will be able to get them, I thought we'd established that by now. We haven't even sold half of the Pompey allocation yet.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Sure that will be no problem. But you wont need to do that anyway, anyone who wants an away ticket will be able to get them, I thought we'd established that by now. We haven't even sold half of the Pompey allocation yet.

This. What makes you think you won't be able to get to any "decent" away game.

Also, how do you define "decent"? I'm presuming you mean local, but some of my best awaydays have been at Burnley, Huddersfield, Rotherham and Carlisle. To not call these decent seems odd. :shrug:

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
That will be fine, you can buy tickets using whatever payment card combined with whatever season ticket fan number. Only problem is the ticket/s will be posted to the season ticket holders address and not yours...

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

This. What makes you think you won't be able to get to any "decent" away game.

Also, how do you define "decent"? I'm presuming you mean local, but some of my best awaydays have been at Burnley, Huddersfield, Rotherham and Carlisle. To not call these decent seems odd. :shrug:

This and this. Wait until Portsmouth tickets are on general sale, buy them and start building up your own loyalty points. Why start moaning about a problem that has not occured yet?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
That will be fine, you can buy tickets using whatever payment card combined with whatever season ticket fan number. Only problem is the ticket/s will be posted to the season ticket holders address and not yours...

Might that not cause a credit card rejection if the card address is different to the fan number address.

I can't remember the payment process but if you dont enter the card holders address separately the system will use the Fan number address, which will be different from the card's address

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
springsteen,your be fine for most away games,we will get bigger allowance,and it will still be the same old faces

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

I bought my mate a Donny ticket online in his name as one of my friends and family - and it got posted to me!

Only issues may be Palace (and if you're quick, you should be OK). Barring that all others will be fine. You will even get Pompey if you are fast off the mark next week.

Possible problem might be a big cup tie at a small ground.

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
I bought my mate a Donny ticket online in his name as one of my friends and family - and it got posted to me!
So so so sorry for trying to help a fellow Albion fan. Tosser!

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
I got tickets for both Spurs and Doncaster under my fan number but using another family members card (who has a different address to me) to pay for them. They get sent to the address of the person whos fan number is used (ie. me in these cases). No problems at all with the fact that the card holder and member have a different address

Crouch End Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
One or two southern matches aside, I think they'll be plenty of away tickets, my particular issue is that the process of allocating the tickets - first people with this number of magic points, then this number and on and on before they are finally on sale to the great unwashed - is really slow so non STHs won't know if they definitely have a ticket until really close to match day which makes travel arrangements harder. Maybe it'll speed up, hope so.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It's much more fun sitting with the home fans and listening to them moaning as they get beaten!Brum postcode no problem for tickets at any club

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports