Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away supporters. How do you fit games into your lives?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Didn't Virgin Trains seem to work out a few years back that some of their Saturday services were popular amongst football fans and put the prices up?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That dreadful 7-1 tonking at Huddersfield I was hosting some clients in the companies corporate box and had the dubious pleasure of watching each Huddersfield goal fly in one after another needless to say i made the most of company expense account that evening to drown my sorrows and put up with the inevitable piss taking. I felt for anyone who'd travelled from Sussex that night.

In truth, that game was just one of those ridiculous occasions that you just have to laugh at. I've been to plenty of other games which were on paper closer results, but which in reality we've played so badly, you could only despair. You'd think a 7-1 humping would be the absolute nadir, but actually, it really wasn't. Losing by the odd goal at Barnsley on a frigid Tuesday evening, watching the team produce a turgid performance entirely devoid of any passion or effort is the sort of thing that really sucks the life out of you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here