Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away from the worry of the Albion: Chris Eubank Junior

Dec 3, 2012
Puts his punches together and has good hand speed but not sure he has the power to progress beyond domestic level. His old man is a hindrance in my opinion.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Yeah, looks the business. Very heavy handed.

Only thing I would say is he's easy to hit.

He took a decent shot from Geale and immediately countered with the finishing blow, which was incredible as his body weight was moving backwards.

I would like to see him move up to Super Middleweight ASAP as the only meaningful fight at 154 lbs is Cotto. A fight with Froch would be brutal and a fight with Andre award would be interesting as they are both top 5 pound for pound fighters.

Dec 3, 2012
He took a decent shot from Geale and immediately countered with the finishing blow, which was incredible as his body weight was moving backwards.

I would like to see him move up to Super Middleweight ASAP as the only meaningful fight at 154 lbs is Cotto. A fight with Froch would be brutal and a fight with Andre award would be interesting as they are both top 5 pound for pound fighters.

Yeah, a fight against Froch would be very interesting. Froch's underrated jab and size could be key. A fit Ward is on a different level altogether. Would completely outbox him.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Yeah, a fight against Froch would be very interesting. Froch's underrated jab and size could be key. A fit Ward is on a different level altogether. Would completely outbox him.

I cannot see Cotto fighting him so probably 1 or 2 more at this weight to unify belts then hopefully up to froch who will be his next test

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

I think Golovkin would stop Froch within six and whilst Ward is a phenomenal boxer it would be a really tight fight and a difficult one to call.

I've seen Golovkin about four times and whilst he hasn't fought a really top level fighter, we could be looking at someone to rival the great middleweights of yesteryear in Monzon & Hagler. Geale is a former World Champion who has never been stopped and he completely walked through him. His punching power along with foot work and intelligence is unmatched at present.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Lol. What a load of garbage. Guy I know is very good friends with Rob Mckracken and apparently EJ gave Froch all sorts of problems in sparring for the Groves fight. Definetley considered the real deal by many in the game.

Hardly, passing on what I have heard

I'm not one to make up lies.

I have never seen him box but read up on his fights and chat to people who follow him, he may be the real deal but IMHO BJS Will destroy him

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Hardly, passing on what I have heard

I'm not one to make up lies.

I have never seen him box but read up on his fights and chat to people who follow him, he may be the real deal but IMHO BJS Will destroy him

Did you see the amount of shots that BJS got caught with on Saturday ? He has been a pro for 5 years but hasn't progressed beyond European level and had too much time off. Eubank will be too much of a handful for him and KO him

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I don't like his continued collision course with opponents who can only leave him open to cynicism regardless of how well/quickly he beats them, but I think he is a supreme athlete and his power constantly improves. He should be ready to rumble with BJS et al now. Would like to see any of them try to avoid the uppercut.

There is a video (posted by CJE) of him sparring Froch:

[yt]vfd37A4z37M[/yt]

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I don't like his continued collision course with opponents who can only leave him open to cynicism regardless of how well/quickly he beats them, but I think he is a supreme athlete and his power constantly improves. He should be ready to rumble with BJS et al now. Would like to see any of them try to avoid the uppercut.

There is a video (posted by CJE) of him sparring Froch:

[yt]vfd37A4z37M[/yt]

One option and no disrespect to Ronnie Davies might be with Froch at the end of his career, CEJ linking up with Robert McCracken, he certainly would take any crap off the old man, and if CEJ is as good as his Dad says is McCracken not one of the best trainers this country has ever produced?

Dec 3, 2012
I think Golovkin would stop Froch within six and whilst Ward is a phenomenal boxer it would be a really tight fight and a difficult one to call.

I've seen Golovkin about four times and whilst he hasn't fought a really top level fighter, we could be looking at someone to rival the great middleweights of yesteryear in Monzon & Hagler. Geale is a former World Champion who has never been stopped and he completely walked through him. His punching power along with foot work and intelligence is unmatched at present.

He's similar in style to Monzon.

He looks great at the moment but there is something about the stiffness in his style and the one dimensional aspect to his approach (he admitted as much in his post fight interview) that gives me reservations. Hagler would have given him a boxing lesson and beaten him up badly IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here