Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away fans to be moved at the Amex from 2025/26

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Saw this online and it’s 100% the correct answer.

The club already have segregation in place for that corner of the ground from previous Europa & FA Cup games (in the lower tier).

The atmosphere would be split across two tiers and a corner which is the worst.

For those saying we shouldn’t give them a side, or split them; two of the three worst atmospheres / hard to get songs going are Villa (two tiers) and Wolves, which is about 10 rows deep and very hard to get songs going across.

They should never have been behind the goal, it does make a difference.
FF92943D-1FD6-431B-9B0F-8ED569A33CF0.jpeg

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
A number of stadiums keep away fans in upper tiers from memory?
Only one in the Premier League exclusively uses the upper tier and that’s Newcastle.

Others then use the upper tier in part:

Villa
Everton
Chelsea
Wolves - if taking a smaller allocation
Manchester City
West Ham

I personally don't see that we need an arms race of football clubs trying to reduce the experience of away fans.

From WSU I don't see that away fans are particularly outsinging us. We're equally bad. But if a set of fans want to get some singing going, that's a positive thing. It should arouse us from our slumber.

This seems to us to be a step in making the atmosphere at games even worse

It does seem a far cry from making an effort to put on their local beer. Does that happen still or did I dream it

I've always found the debate around this suggestion rather tedious. I honestly can't see that it makes any significant difference, and am very surprised that the club are bothering to create all the extra work and p1ssoff a load of loyal fans, for such an intangible benefit.
Yes the aggravation to many fans is going to be immense, either do this when the stadium opened or stop messing people around just because you can

Are you citing this for inspiration or as a cautionary tale?
I don’t think this is particularly relevant as the split in Crawley fans was something like 10% on one side and 90% on the other. Can only think there was an issue with one of the blocs, it was never going to particularly affect away fan noise to any degree

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I don’t think this is particularly relevant as the split in Crawley fans was something like 10% on one side and 90% on the other. Can only think there was an issue with one of the blocs, it was never going to particularly affect away fan noise to any degree
MK Dons have done it before, two years ago against Wycombe. Pete Winkelman, chairman of MK Dons, stated "This is about sporting advantage."

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I personally don't see that we need an arms race of football clubs trying to reduce the experience of away fans.

From WSU I don't see that away fans are particularly outsinging us. We're equally bad. But if a set of fans want to get some singing going, that's a positive thing. It should arouse us from our slumber.

This seems to us to be a step in making the atmosphere at games even worse
This, is does sound like desperation at times on here, we don’t make much noise so let’s stop them. The hilarious thing is those that think sticking them next to the North will get the noise level up from us, maybe it will but what do you think it’ll do for them? Fans like Leeds, Forest, Palace even, if they’re having a good one will slaughter us on a decibel level.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
It’ll be south west corner and a couple of blocks of west lower.
Ignoring the loyal ST issue, there is sense in that. Away fans can enter and exit without contaminating the new fan zone. The club might want to put up that privacy film in the posh places to avoid a possible 'Wolves' nobhead situation.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Yes the aggravation to many fans is going to be immense, either do this when the stadium opened or stop messing people around just because you can
At a guess (which might be completely wrong) maybe the club are going to finally bite the bullet on safe standing before there is a perception of the Amex being left behind.

Also we know there are going to be changes in Corporate in the North once the fanzone is built.

So better to get the 'bad feeling' from the supporters out the way in one hit rather than drips and drabs.

IF true i think it's sensible by the club anyway.

mile oak

May 21, 2023

The club already have segregation in place for that corner of the ground from previous Europa & FA Cup games (in the lower tier).

For those saying we shouldn’t give them a side, or split them; two of the three worst atmospheres / hard to get songs going are Villa (two tiers) and Wolves, which is about 10 rows deep and very hard to get songs going across.

View attachment 182935
Yeah this looks about right has to be the south end corner as the NW and NE wouldn't be big enough and too close to the home vocal support (imagine unless Palace held back exiting it simply wont happen for that any other reasons would be a disaster). However, I personally cast doubt that the current arrangements are detrimental to us, how exactly do you prove that?

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset

View attachment 182935
I'm sure this is where they were placed (only lower tier) for a few games early days in the Championship and when the second tier went up in the East...I thoroughly enjoyed it....the cut of point was mid ELG and the ELF seat prices are the next bracket up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here