[Albion] Away fans to be moved at the Amex from 2025/26

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
NIMBY is the word, nimby, not nibby

Thanks for your support
SMASH THE TORIES
I know - I was in environmental politics throughout the 80s and 90s, it’s a bit hard not to know what the word is.. The word is Nimbyism btw not ‘Nimby’ in the context I used it.

It was a typo but thank you for the correction of my post - very thorough of you 😂.

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
Sounds to me like the south east corner is the most logical, as it has already been done, and there is less sths there. I get that it's easy to say that when it's very unlikely they'll be shoved up in WSU where I am.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes I would, and for the atmosphere (see multiple threads on this)
Ok..well I wouldn’t ..I’ve sat with virtually the same people that I’ve got to know for the last ten years plus and it would be highly unlikely we’d end up together elsewhere ..so no thanks ..yes I’ve seen various threads ..seems mixed opinions as there is on this thread ..but we all have our opinions …u have yours and I have mine

We’ll wait and see what transpires

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've always found the debate around this suggestion rather tedious. I honestly can't see that it makes any significant difference, and am very surprised that the club are bothering to create all the extra work and p1ssoff a load of loyal fans, for such an intangible benefit.
Same. Barber himself said there’s no meaningful evidence. I therefore wouldn’t be surprised if there‘s a monetary reason. Are tickets behind the goals more expensive than the other areas where they might shift away fans to?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Same. Barber himself said there’s no meaningful evidence. I therefore wouldn’t be surprised if there‘s a monetary reason. Are tickets behind the goals more expensive than the other areas where they might shift away fans to?
Nope they’re usually the cheapest tickets

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I know - I was in environmental politics throughout the 80s and 90s, it’s a bit hard not to know what the word is.. The word is Nimbyism btw not ‘Nimby’ in the context I used it.

It was a typo but thank you for the correction of my post - very thorough of you 😂.
Glad to see your extensive study in environmental politics has been so useful. And thankyou for pointing out my incorrect contextualisation of your original post.

i feel a lot better now

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
South east corner is the place to put them, then going along the East - maybe some in the upper East, unless that makes segregation difficult. The SE corner is where all the tickets are left over when we don’t sell out.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Away fans must be in contact with the pitch. We're not going to give up the expensive seats in the east upper or west upper. Nor would we give up the north. It also wouldnt be a great look for the club if every MOTD, highlights, or live match the east lower was full of away fans as thats where the cameras point. So the only viable option is to have them wrapping around the south east or south west corner. In the early Amex years they were in the south east corner for a season or two (I had to move my season ticket to accommodate them), so i'd imagine they go back there.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
They don't have to move them from the south entirely, just a couple of blocks so they are no longer directly behind the goal. 'Claim' back 2 blocks in the lower east and give any STHs who have to move a free season, a lot of the those seats are not STH anyway. Logistically they would only need to install a barrier similar to the ones which already divides the south from the East and SW.
Give STH's who'd have to move a free season? Think I'd move to the new proposed away area to get a free season the following year :ROFLMAO:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here