Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away fans to be moved at the Amex from 2025/26

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've always found the debate around this suggestion rather tedious. I honestly can't see that it makes any significant difference, and am very surprised that the club are bothering to create all the extra work and p1ssoff a load of loyal fans, for such an intangible benefit.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
This is what I think it will be, too as it will disrupt far less STH's in the SWC.

I don't get the views of putting away fans in the SW, just so they are picked up less by TV cameras. How would that make any difference at all to the atmosphere inside the ground?
It will disrupt my 4 season tickets im not moving

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I've always found the debate around this suggestion rather tedious. I honestly can't see that it makes any significant difference, and am very surprised that the club are bothering to create all the extra work and p1ssoff a load of loyal fans, for such an intangible benefit.
Yup, this. it's complete nonsense. Moving the away fans will not improve the atmosphere. That's down to the home fans. Always was, always will be

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
They don't have to move them from the south entirely, just a couple of blocks so they are no longer directly behind the goal. 'Claim' back 2 blocks in the lower east and give any STHs who have to move a free season, a lot of the those seats are not STH anyway. Logistically they would only need to install a barrier similar to the ones which already divides the south from the East and SW.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
This thread makes very funny reading - a great example of Nimbyism - most people seem to agree in principle that it’s an acceptable idea to move away fans out of the South but nobody wants to be near them ( including me) 😂

(Did someone earlier suggest the coach park and set up a screen for them outside?)

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This thread makes very funny reading - a great example of Nibbyism - most people seem to agree in principle that it’s an acceptable idea to move away fans out of the South but nobody wants to be near them ( including me) 😂

(Did someone earlier suggest the coach park and set up a screen for them outside?)
NIMBY is the word, nimby, not nibby

Thanks for your support
SMASH THE TORIES

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I am shuddering at the mere thought of the MASSIVE meltdown on here when some people find out they have to move seats...

This already has the potential to be one of the most commented-on threads on NSC (Jonathan Calleri, watch your back).

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
The roof is lower over the southeast corner than the southwest corner. The acoustics will be worse there. Split the away fans between the southwest corner wedge and the shelf above it. Make them sell the shelf allocation first to ensure the diehard fans are the furthest from the action. Change all the beer taps to Fosters and serve them rustlers burgers and pukka pies. Pipe the Cheeky Girls greatest hits into the concourse at 2,000 dB pre-match and make fans carrying flags or scarves hand them in as potentially dangerous items.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here