Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away fans to be moved at the Amex from 2025/26

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Just a thought but if you’re going to do this why not make the North all standing at the same time and then anyone on the North who doesn’t like that can move to the South.
Are they allowed to enforce standing in a stand?

I would assume safe-standing is the only available option

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Reckon it'll be the East Lower South and a tiny bit of the South Stand. Good stuff if so!
This is what I think it will be, too as it will disrupt far less STH's in the SWC.

I don't get the views of putting away fans in the SW, just so they are picked up less by TV cameras. How would that make any difference at all to the atmosphere inside the ground?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Hasn't this been obvious for 14 years.......?
Poyet never liked the away fans in the South, so maybe enough time has gone under the bridge for the club to say they have listened to fans/FAB and are moving on this feeling rather than anything Poyet wanted.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hard to see how access / concourses could be re-organised to give them any part of the upper tiers.

It will be disappointing for those who will need to move, as the freed up seats would be in the South stand only, which may be cheaper but likely not what they’d choose. There’s also a sense of community with those in the vicinity who we’ve had shared experiences with for over 10 years (I’m East lower).

Even if we don’t get moved, having the away fans nearer also wouldn’t be my choice, so we might want to move even if not directly impacted.

In summary, it’s not an easy fix for so many reasons that I’d vote for not making any changes.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe the big move could be implemented gradually over a number of seasons with the big plan published in advance. Would give all those fans affected maximum notice to make alternative seating arrangements

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Corner seems good to me and means fans will have the choice of a behind-goal or side view. A plus point for us is that it will break up the away fans, reduce the noise a bit and reduce TV presence if on the SW corner. On the negative side, there’ll have to be segregation from home fans so we might lose a few seats and some revenue.
Why would there be any more space taken up by segregation than is now? It’s not like we have separate stands.

I don’t see how it would “break up the away fans” just by shifting them round a bit, either.

Wes Tupper

Feb 27, 2024
Corner seems good to me and means fans will have the choice of a behind-goal or side view. A plus point for us is that it will break up the away fans, reduce the noise a bit and reduce TV presence if on the SW corner. On the negative side, there’ll have to be segregation from home fans so we might lose a few seats and some revenue.
And will make the area behind the WS much busier.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Premier League rules state that away fans have to be pitchside. I really have no idea why Newcastle have been allowed to get away with not doing this.

So, they can't have the Upper East, at least not as their whole allocation.

I reckon they'll be given the south end of the East Stand, lower and upper.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
This is what I think it will be, too as it will disrupt far less STH's in the SWC.

I don't get the views of putting away fans in the SW, just so they are picked up less by TV cameras. How would that make any difference at all to the atmosphere inside the ground?

I think it would lessen the effect of kicking towards the North Stand. Better to have home fans behind both goals.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
Didn't we try away fans in the SE corner one championship season? It's was quickly changed back. Maybe due to low away attendances meaning empty seats on camera? I personally think the SW corner and a new standing/singing section in the South.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Premier League rules state that away fans have to be pitchside. I really have no idea why Newcastle have been allowed to get away with not doing this.

So, they can't have the Upper East, at least not as their whole allocation.

I reckon they'll be given the south end of the East Stand, lower and upper.

Isn't that where the players F&F are placed ? Seems unlikely they'd displace them.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Hallelujah! At last,sling those East Stand ultras out of their den and stick them in there next to the North stand,then pray for Sun and watch them fry 😁

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here