Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away fans to be moved at the Amex from 2025/26

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'd love the away fans in the northern end of the East Lower in the hope it would spark some atmosphere between them and our fans in the North. Then open up the entire South end to families to get more kids in.
That I like, and makes sense, corners are not really big enough, we cant give the part of east upper and lower, construction and logistics separating the concourse of both. they aint having the west or north, the only logical place is east lower, what is the capacity of the east lower all the way along the straight bit

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That I like, and makes sense, corners are not really big enough, we cant give the part of east upper and lower, construction and logistics separating the concourse of both. they aint having the west or north, the only logical place is east lower, what is the capacity of the east lower all the way along the straight bit

Surely the whole of the east lower is bigger capacity than the south stand?

Wes Tupper

Feb 27, 2024
I'm in the minority on this one. Those South Stand seats are pretty unappealing. I can't say I'd be happy if I was shunted over there. It might improve the atmosphere in some games and the short term (Depending on where they are moved to) but it will still be the case that the the atmosphere will be lukewarm except for the most important of games.
I’d imagine that displaced ST holders will be given first pick of available seats, rather than being automatically shunted to the South Stand.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
East Lower is perfect, the 80th minute home exodus will no longer be broadcast on TV screens from downtown Kuala Lumpur to Kinshasa to Dogger Bank.
:wink:

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I just got a quote for painting and decorating a new office (about 3,000 sq feet), and hanging a few fixtures. £30k plus VAT! It included over £3k just to cover the floors before starting!
Decorators are nuts.

We had someone come and quote on our hallway, now this is a normal hallway not the hall the length of the hallway in the shining, a normal hallway.

He said it would take him 3 weeks and cost five of your finest thousand pounds.

It’s my next job, definitely will not take 15 days!

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Oh interesting! No doubt going to piss off a bunch of people who will have to move seats
He wouldn't go into specifics on the night (he was superb and open as always, especially in the circumstance of the weekend he'd had) but he implied that away fans would still take up part of the south stand, but be moved round to cover one of the corners (like Arsenal/Spurs).

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
It's about 6,000 if you include the NE corner I believe. The issue with it will be, as others have said, handing over what are currently expensive seats to be sold for £30. But it would surely generate a better atmosphere.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Given the amount of money I've just spent on a loft conversion to add a single bedroom to my fairly modest house, £7 million seems like a bargain to me. The UK is insanely expensive at the moment.
Fair enough. It seems quite a simple construction, and I imagine a lot of it is prefabricated; this is why I queried it. I imagine the fixtures and fittings are not to the same high end spec as Commander Towers though :lolol:

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Why does it matter if they're on camera? There are loads of grounds where the away fans are on camera - Arsenal, Southampton, Spurs, Brentford, Man City, Forest etc. It doesn't affect anything surely?
Corner seems good to me and means fans will have the choice of a behind-goal or side view. A plus point for us is that it will break up the away fans, reduce the noise a bit and reduce TV presence if on the SW corner. On the negative side, there’ll have to be segregation from home fans so we might lose a few seats and some revenue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here