Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away fans to be moved at the Amex from 2025/26

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Paul said that away fans will almost certainly be moved to a different part of the Amex from the 2025/26 season. Although there was no statistical evidence that the current south stand arrangements gave visitors any benefit, the consensus inside the club is that what looks like 25% of the stadium being given to visitors (despite the 10% allocation) can motivate away sides where they attack the south end where their fans are.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Stick 'em on the beach, I say

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Paul said that away fans will almost certainly be moved to a different part of the Amex from the 2025/26 season. Although there was no statistical evidence that the current south stand arrangements gave visitors any benefit, the consensus inside the club is that what looks like 25% of the stadium being given to visitors (despite the 10% allocation) can motivate away sides where they attack the south end where their fans are.

That's going to be some major undertaking :ohmy:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Sorry but never really thought this was a major issue. And for this to happen someone is going to be put out as they will be moved from their favoured seat.

Isn't it about time Newcastle were forced to do the ground work to ensure the away fans aren't tucked up in that corner nearest the moon? They've been taking the piss with that exemption they were originally granted.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“With a £7m investment to pay back”

I struggle to understand how the fan zone can cost 7 million.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Shouldn't the plans for this be announced before people renewed their season tickets ?

Anyway, I expect they'll be shifted round to the SW corner, so less of them will be picked up by the TV cameras.
Unless you’ve already paid for 2025/26 (that really would be a super fan), then this is nearly 12 months warning.

I agree about Sw corner. Has to be pitch side so that rules out East Upper. Unless you’re owned by the Saudis of course. Still no idea how they get away with that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here